Pampered Chef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have any PC kitchenware but I do own a few of the cookbooks and they work out well with my current cookware. Its def. the price that deters me from buying anything. I found my cookbooks at rummage sales.

I absolutely love the PC stones - pizza, bread pans, round baker, square baker. I cook everything on or in them - cookies, potatoes, wings, skins, pizza, bagels, cakes, pies, etc. Everything turns out so much better than on a cookie sheet.

I don't like the idea of the parties anymore - candlelight, southern living, etc. However, if I HAD to go to a party it would be pampered chef. I have been to them in the past and even hosted a "couples" party - lots of food and wine - hey guys like to cook too! We had a blast!

I think their products are on the pricey side too - I stick to the stones! Didn't know Ebay had their products, will have to check it out, I'm wanting the big jelly roll pan, I broke mine:mad: .

I'm with buckytom in that I HATE people who have so-called "parties" to sell people stuff. That said, my sister loves the PC products, and the only one I've used (their mandoline) surprised me with its quality. I have the high end French metal one, but her plastic PC one was much better than I expected it to be.

It gets my goat sometimes when people I know consider themselves to be returning my hospitality by inviting me to their house to buy stuff, I don't care how good the quality is.

It has been a long time since I have heard someone use this term, mandoline. Thanks for the memories...

I hate to be a pampered chef party pooper but..
I attended a party for a friend and it was really pretty nice. There were gifts and small items to taste. Thats when it got interesting, like most TV adds talking about cookwear etc they state that the equipment is used by professional chefs. In my 25 plus years of working in professional kitchens these items could never hold up. As a professional Chef and Culinary Educator I have watched many gadgets and specialty cookwear fall apart. I think for home use where the items may get used once or twice a week they are probably excellent. We also watched a pampered chef representative perform at a State Fair and she did have a ton of spectators make purchases. I would just say buyer beware.
Sorry, personal opinion and observations only.

Mark

I thought of becomming a PC consultant at one time then decided that wouldn't be for me. I am not a seller and don't like to impose on people. I do know PC has some good items out there, like the pizza stone, but some can be overpriced.

buckytom said:
the idea of pampered chef parties is to force your friends and relatives to buy overpriced kitchen items because they have to, or risk looking cheap and insulting the host. granted, the quality is good, but like caine said, you can get the same quality at more than half the price without really trying.
somewhere, some m.b.a. marketing guy realized the point of sale presentation was the key to moving product, and you can gouge a customer if you can work an angle like social stigma.

I couldn't agree more. I was asked a couple of times to attend a PC party probably because I do a lot of cooking. I found the products to be of pretty good quality but no better than I could have bought at a good kitchen supply shop and the PC prices were waaayy out of line. I did buy something at the last party only because a very good friend of mine had it and I felt obligated. I purchased 3 ice cream scoops and a pocket thermometer at a cost of $50.00. I could have purchased these same quality items elsewhere for $30.00. I won't do this again. :mad:

buckytom said:
some m.b.a. marketing guy realized the point of sale presentation was the key to moving product, and you can gouge a customer if you can work an angle like social stigma.

Bucky brings up a good point and this is a technique that most good salesmen incorporate, beit cars, wine, homes, etc. In the restaurant industry, this is the difference between those waiters that routinely get tipped 25% and those that don't. But I digress.

I do like their cutting boards. My GF went to a Pampered Chef brainwashing session and bought a set of cutting boards and some roasting pans. That was fine because I'd rather her use those pans than my Le Creuset ones. I don't really care for them because the food really tends sticks to them, even when their pans oiled down (at least from my experience).

I attended one PC party. The hostess made some sort of wreath shaped bread/sandwich thing. As she was working on the recipe, she passed around the utensils she was about to use. When I saw her use the spatula that everyone in the group had just been fondling to spread the filling onto her bread, :sick: :sick: :sick: I suddenly developed a headache and left.

The quality beats the pants off Walmart cooking tools, but the prices are outrageous. Better to go to Cooking.com or Amazon.

That IS disgusting!!:sick:

I think I would have done the same thing. Your "headache" was a good excuse to get out of there. Good thinking!!:)

She needs to practice Serv-Save like I did during my Culinary Arts training course!!! She needs to be taught about pathagens, germs and diseases!!!:mad:

And if she ever invites you to any of HER parties again, just kindly decline and say that your "headache" has come back.

~Corey123.

:wacko: I would have gone one step further before I left. I would have made it a point to TELL the hostess what she did so she is aware that this is NOT acceptable. Shame on her. I doubt if she even washed her hands before preparing the meal. No thanks.

I used a Pampered Chef tool this past weekend...It's a little barbell looking thing with a small non-stick roller on one end, and a larger one on the other. I was making my husband a gooey butter cake, and the tool was perfect for pressing out the crust. It will be great for graham cracker crusts or pizza dough as well.
It was a bit pricey, but I don't feel cheated.

Constance said:
I used a Pampered Chef tool this past weekend...It's a little barbell looking thing with a small non-stick roller on one end, and a larger one on the other. I was making my husband a gooey butter cake, and the tool was perfect for pressing out the crust. It will be great for graham cracker crusts or pizza dough as well.
It was a bit pricey, but I don't feel cheated.

My SO has that tool. It has a little pie crust docking tool in the handle. She uses the docking tool more than the rollers.

I agree with everyone about the price and quality of the stoneware. I've got about $300 worth of merchandise, between stoneware and cookbooks. However, I use the stoneware sparingly because they're so hard to clean. Is there an easier way besides piping hot water and those stupid brown scrapers?

Deborah
my understanding of cleaning stoneware is not to use any soap or chemicals on it as stoneware is porous and it will stay in there, hence in your food. kind of like cast iron, I guess.
I clean mine just like you said, hot water and scraper. It's supposed to get brown, it bakes better when it does.

that's all I know:)

Hi,
In reply to the Stonware, the oils from foods is what seasons the stone, by using soap that would counteract the seasoning process and also make your stones soapy smelling. Instead use warm water and the scraper tool that comes with your stone to clean it. They are very easy to clean.
To Deep Clean your stone prepare a baking soda paste by mixing 1/2 cup baking soda with 3 tablespoons water. Apply baking soda paste to stone and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Scrape off excess paste using the Nylon Pan Scraper, then rinse and dry.
Bacteria is actually better removed by friction, which is why it is always good to scrape your stone. Bacteria is also killed when the stone is in the oven. Pampered Chef has never had any problems nor worries about stones not being clean for baking purposes.
Anyway, just wanted to address any concerns.
:) Amy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom