Pasta Machine to roll out crackers ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

granniero

Cook
I have read of using a pasta machine, the roller thing, to roll out dough thin enough to make home made crackers. i am getting pretty good at bread and so have been looking around for a pasta machine to try for crackers, seems like one could get thinner results than just using a rolling pin. My local craft stores sell them for about $25 that they use to roll modleing clay and considered that, with a coupon could cut cost in half. kept putting it off since I am famous for trying something only once........ Well, today I hit the jackpot. While scrounging the local Goodwill store, found a pasta machine, still in the box, the hand crank still wrapped in plastic, for $3.99. The thing is made in Italy and all directions on box written in Italian! It also had a $5.99 sticker and when I pointed out the other one to the cashier, she rang up the $3.99. so even if I try it once and don't like it, I haven't wasted TOO much money. Can't wait to try it out. Really don't need to read Italian, it is pretty straight forward with pictures, think I can get the hang of it. Looking forward to whole grain crackers!

A pasta machine id great for rolling out crackers. Here is a trick take one long sheet of cracker dough and cut it half then sprinkle dill weed and cover with the other sheet and roll out bake and then you have dill crackers for soup, or use your favorite herb or spice. Caraway would be great with roast pork.

Goodwill Shops are Wonderful

That is a great price for the Pasta Machine. And remember when your done experimenting with your crackers.....try making your own pasta.

That is the best treat...Homemade Pasta.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom