Perfect Beaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
Has any one seen a perfect beaker made out of glass and is dishwasher safe? I use mine to cut reciepes in half cause it is graduated in a multitude measuring units and makes splitting say 3/4 cu of milk into 3/8 of a cup easy.

I'm afraid not. The only conical measuring cylinders made of glass that I have been able to find are lab equipment either in apothecary or standard metric (ml) gradations.

Emsa (maker of "The Perfect Beaker"), Gourmac, and one other company that I can't remember the name of are the only ones that I know of that make a "clear" measuring beaker for cooking - and they are all plastic.

One company, Cuisena, makes one that is made out of Stainless Steel - the graduations are embossed/stamped in the metal, and therefore should be dishwasher safe, but the markings are on the inside and would not be nearly as convenient to use. They also run about $30-$35.

The nearest thing that have found to the "Perfect Beaker" that is made out of glass is something called the "Mix-n-Measure" - it has a flat base instead of being conical.

I know that the first time I saw Alton Brown use one I started looking for them and was suprised to find out they were made of plastic.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
As sure as I wrote this post today, DW puts my perfect beaker, the flat beater for my Pro 6 and one of my "good" wood handled knives in the dishwasher today. I had already set the dishwasher so that it cool dries the dishes instead of using heat. So I guess thats why everything survived.

You have helped! The next time I come across a perfect beaker in a store on sale i'm buying two more

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom