Pizza scissors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anthea

Cook
I was just given a pair of pizza scissors by a friend and I totally love them! They have this little plastic bit on the bottom of them so you don't scratch the pizza tray when you're cutting and the toppings actually stay where they're supposed to. Brilliant!

I was just given a pair of pizza scissors by a friend and I totally love them! They have this little plastic bit on the bottom of them so you don't scratch the pizza tray when you're cutting and the toppings actually stay where they're supposed to. Brilliant!
I have used kitchen shears for cutting pizza for years now. My friend, who demo'd frozen pizza at grocery stores, told me about this. Mine are just regular shears so I have to lift the edge of the pizza if I made it on a tray. But they work way better than the rolling pizza cutter and even better than the big, rocking pizza knife.

These things are great. I seriously love them. They're so quick and easy.

Attachments

• image021.jpg
    image021.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 170

That's brilliant! I have slice marks all over my pan from my rotary cutter. I'm going to add the pizza scissors to my b-day list for DH right now!

Cutting pizza with scissors? :dizzy:

Not in my 38 years have i ever heard of somebody even use the words "Scissors" and "Pizza" in the same sentence.

Try using a chef knife. Just line it up where you want to make the cut and press down on the top side of the blade with the palm of your other hand. I don't even use my rolling pizza cutter anymore.

Interesting! I've always used a big commercial cutter, but that scissors looks like a goodie for when I'm demoing and want to cut REALLY thin slices.

Interesting! I've always used a big commercial cutter, but that scissors looks like a goodie for when I'm demoing and want to cut REALLY thin slices.

I've "demoed" a few pizzas too CJ, but I think you're talking about a different "demo" :LOL::LOL:

My mom cut her pizzas with her kitchen shears back in the "olden" days (1960's) and that's how we still cut ours today. I have a rotary cutter that the kids use on their frozen pizzas cooked on the stone but still tend to get out the shears for homemade pizza baked on a tray.

I won't cut pizza with scissors, feels too much like a sin. I still use my rolling blade, there is just something about running it quickly back and forth across the pizza that I get satisfaction out of.

I won't cut pizza with scissors, feels too much like a sin. I still use my rolling blade, there is just something about running it quickly back and forth across the pizza that I get satisfaction out of.

Cutting pizza with scissors is just as sinful as ordering pizza from Dominoes. :ermm:

Cut me a Slice

I have a stainless steel rolling pizza cutter with a solid wooden handle.
This is what I always use. Works fine. Used a scissors...NO. The pizza cutter works for me.

I have a stainless steel rolling pizza cutter with a solid wooden handle.
This is what I always use. Works fine. Used a scissors...NO. The pizza cutter works for me.

What about the laser cutter? Have you tried that yet? I'm considering getting one :LOL:

pizza cutter
img_662311_0_8ea80c63a155752ff0ff645513b45063.jpg

Back
Top Bottom