Pressure cookers for meals...does anyone use them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
I bought a cheap little pressure cooker at Bed Bath and Beyond that was on clearance for $15.00 because I wanted to try one out and see if I liked it before I spent very much money on one.

Well I LOVE it and I want a bigger better pressure cooker and I don’t know what to look at. Does anyone have one they use and like?

I would appreciate any help here.
Thanks,
Betty

I think that Kuhn-Rikon makes the best quality pressure cookers. They are heavy-duty stainless steel and truly rival any fine cookware.

I have their large cooker (I think it's 8 quarts), and I have their 5-quart braiser-shaped cooker.

BTW, they are stove-top, not electric or digital.

Love, love, love, love, love my Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker. I have the 5-quart pan, the 2-quart frying pan, and a glass lid that fits both. I can't say enough good about them. Easy to use, quiet and so very well made.

Thanks guys for your help. I’ve been reading reviews on the Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers and it seems that the newer models are having problems with the handles breaking.

I’ve just about decided that I’m going to get the Presto 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker/Canner for $59.99 at Amazon with free shipping and keep and eye on the Kuhn Rikon and see if they get this issue ironed out.

Thanks again for your help.
Betty

I love my Kuhn Rikon and really do love it. I've had it just a couple of weeks and have made stew, cooked beans for baked beans,marinara sauce, chicken soup three times and beef veggie soup. Everything has turned out really well. The soups taste like the ones I cooked for 4 hours. Tomorrow, something I haven't made in years, porcupine meatball.

It seems to be very well made and certainly is easy to use.

I'm here......
I have an electric pressure cooker.
I'm not sure, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I have a propane grill and don't cook with charcoal......

I'm not a purist ;)

But I do love my electric pressure cooker just the same :)

I love my Kuhn Rikon and really do love it. I've had it just a couple of weeks and have made stew, cooked beans for baked beans,marinara sauce, chicken soup three times and beef veggie soup. Everything has turned out really well. The soups taste like the ones I cooked for 4 hours. Tomorrow, something I haven't made in years, porcupine meatball.

It seems to be very well made and certainly is easy to use.

With model do you have?

I have a WMF 8.5 qt. It's taller than wider, which, is good for cooking lesser amounts. I just LOVE my pressure cooker. I know I spent some bucks on it but I have no regrets.

I am still trying to talk DW into spending the money on one of these this summer. I think it will come in pretty handy myself.

Back
Top Bottom