"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #1
Senior Cook
Smile Rachael Ray's Anolon® 5-Qt. Oval Saute

Anybody own one ? and what is the price?

chilichip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
Assistant Cook
Look on Amazon.

Gretchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #3
Sous Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to FryBoy
Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/fbb5p

Be sure to scroll down to the user reviews -- they're pretty bad!
FryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
I read Rachel Ray's Anolon. No further reading is required.
ChefScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
Senior Cook
I have the RR Anolon oval pan. My husband paid $99 for it at Bed Bath and Beyond is also came with a free panini press. This was last years christmas. I love that pan so much. Its really helpful when you need to put another large pot next to the oval one. It also cooks very evenly and it is so easy to clean. No matter what I cook in it, it just wipes right out. When I one day get a new cookware set, I am for sure getting the Anolon. Very happy with it.
GROCERY LIST: What you spend half an hour writing, then forget to take with you to the store.
JCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:52 PM   #6
Senior Cook
I know a lot of people seem to bash anolon on here. I have several pieces of it and as the last person said, whatever I cook in it , comes right out. No scrubbing no fighting no scraping no nothing. Just a damp soapy rag at most.
Having said that. After I wrote a question about anolon last week, and I continued to only hear from the crickets outside my window in response, I did some googling into anolon.
The good Anolon, the best line of it, the professional line, the line that comes with the lifetime warranty isn't really advertised or sold in this country. It sold in england and canada and a lot of other places.
Anolon is made by a company based in the U.K., owned by a asian family, in a factory in the far east. I believe it's singapore. Try googling meyer cookware.
I also noticed that the same company makes Kitchen Aid's cookware, but I believe most people believe that stinks as well.
You can but Anolon professional at your discount fashion stores, like marshalls and tj maxx and ross but you have to hunt for it.
vilasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
Head Chef
I don't own one but you can definitely get one at Amazon.com.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #8
Executive Chef
If I had a 24" city apartment stove, it might be very useful. (I did have one once) I don't, so the oval shape is not stove top useful to me. I do have oval caseroles for the oven, but they have loop handles which are better for the oven.
Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef
What is it about the oval shape that is so attractive. I have no complaints with the round shape.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #10
Master Chef
I have nothing against RR or Analon ... but that oval pan just doesn't make sense to me unless you're cooking oval shaped food (like a whole chicken) in the oven. On a stovetop - it will not heat as evenly as a round pot.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Michael in FtW is offline   Reply With Quote