Remember?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
I went through my kitchen draw today and came across this.
Can, bottle and wine opener. Still in working shape! LOL

img_1492195_0_6fcba4481c1d708fb3032a993db51ccc.jpg

Gosh, does that ever bring back memories! We had several in our camp boxes. I bet I still have one somewhere...

We had one like that, but I don't remember the pointy part that looks like a shrimp sheller.

We had one like that, but I don't remember the pointy part that looks like a shrimp sheller.

I think that's the can opener. You stick it in the can then ratchet it around the inside edge of the can which cuts the lid off. I have one of those on my Swiss Army knife. Has come in handy on vacations.

I think that's the can opener. You stick it in the can then ratchet it around the inside edge of the can which cuts the lid off. I have one of those on my Swiss Army knife. Has come in handy on vacations.

Oh, OK, like a P-38 can opener. Thanks.

"Ma, I found the lost can opener. salt and pepper had it! He forgot to return it the last time he borrowed it!"

I showed one to my kids when they were small and they were amazed at how it worked. They couldn't figure out that just moving my hand up and down the can was opening all by itself. Gosh, they were so gullible.

My mother's though had a red wooden handle with a white stripe. The last time I saw it, the paint had started to peel.

Back
Top Bottom