Rolling pin cover from pantyhose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
Has anyone tried this? I heard of it somewhere but I just can't think of where. I want to get a real cover and cloth to roll on but can't afford it now.
Any thoughts?:ermm:

LOL, no I guess it's sort of a canvas or flour sack type material that goes over the pin and then a sheet on the counter to roll onto, and the pie dough wont stick.
I've been getting better at my pie crusts not sticking anyway, but I always wanted to give the cloth set a try.

I have a pastry cloth, and rolling pin cover, and they were worth every cent. A new dishtowel would work for the pastry cloth, but I am not sure about the panty hose. Does a cover cost that much? (Mine is about twenty years old.)

Ah. Thanks for the explanation suzi. You had me completely baffled there for a minute. I say just flour your pin and counter well and you don't need any other gadget. I have a marble pin that I love, but I still wish I could have nabbed my Baba's rolling pin before one of my sisters did dang it.

I doubt they cost much but I'm sorta in a spot where anything extra is extra.....
And I like to keep that $$ for yarn and extra ingredients!

I hear you Suzi, and would feel the same, but when I bought them I was working full time, and made pie mostly for special occasions, when things would not work as they should. Today, I sometimes use them, sometimes not, but when company is due, I use them and they have saved me from disaster at times. Somehow when you have four things to do, and a time limit, ingredients just don't go together quite the way they should.

How in the world did our Babas (grandmas) manage to cook amazing foods without all the gadgets we have today? And yet I am not anywhere close to how great my grandma was.

Clean 'hose!!!!!!

Well I figured that!
I just can't get the picture out of my head of those comedies where the clownish bad guys are wearing pantyhose on their heads and the legs are hanging like long rabbit ears.
I'm seeing someone holding a rolling pin going back and forth, back and forth and the two legs are flopping around :ROFLMAO:

Heh, my mother-in-law was known to say, as she put the potatoes on the stove, "Anyone want a pie?", and have it ready for the oven before the potatoes came off the stove, and ready to eat by the time the soup and main course were done. They weren't as good as mine, but they were mighty fast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom