I took some pictures of the set up before making the kielbasa. Please note that the cylinder is not on the stuffer as it was in the fridge chilling while I was setting up and taking pictures.
The overview. Showing everything.
The board and stuffer mounted. Note it is wedged but I still clamped it down.
I used wing nuts to make it easier to assemble and disassemble.
Cabinet clearance was a bit of an issue. I think I could have mounted it about half an inch further to the right. The handle clears, just, but when you are raising the piston (by rotating it backwards) you clip the cabinet if you go too fast. Also the screw for the piston needed room in front of the cabinets to raise all the way. I didn't fool myself on that one.
Finally, the product. A 5 pound ring of sausage.
There should have been two of these. As I finished the second one I went to move it to give room for the last bit to come off and drop the whole thing on the floor. Sausage everywhere. Not a happy camper about that, though it does solve the storage problem. I didn't take a picture of the second ring because I didn't think anyone would want to see my trash can.
All in all the stuffer worked as advertised. It took longer to put the casing on the horn than it took to stuff, which is good. The KA attachment was a right pain, and the further along in the process the longer it took. The salt in the sausage helps it set up. The more it set up the harder it was to get in the stuffer.
I ripped off the first 5 pounds, cut the casing and tied. Pulled the cylinder and had it reloaded in under a minute. Tied the casing on the horn and was pushing sausage again. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
It does take some time to set up and clean up, but that isn't the big worry. Getting the meat stuffed and everything back in the fridge quickly was the real concern.