Sets of Measuring Cups and Spoons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do You Use Measuring Cups and Spoons With or Without Their Rings

• Rings on Cups but Not On Spoons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both cups and spoons WITHOUT rings at my place. It seems I don't want to wash something I haven't used! Keep my spoons in a drawer divider and the cups are in the cupboard :) with my mixing bowls.

Buck said:
Andy,
The only question that truly matters in life is how do you do the toilet paper? Over the top, or down the back?

There is a right answer.

Buck, there are two right answers! If you are a right-thinking red-blooded honest and upstanding person, the answer is over the top.

If you own a cat, the answer is from the back

Andy,

You have posed a dilemma for all of us right-thinking red-blooded honest and upstanding cat-owners. Perhaps we should just eschew toilet paper altogether and use a litter box...unless you can come up with a better solution.

Meow,

Buck:cat:

I keep the rings on the spoons ... the rings on the cups get tossed. As for wearing rings while cooking ... that's one of my pet peeves ... rings off, always! Food gets under something as simple as a plain wedding band and isn't always adequately washed along with the bare hands ... rings with stones and settings are even worse for trapping bacteria that can get passed on from one food to the next.

Michael in FtW said:
As for wearing rings while cooking... rings off, always! Food gets under something as simple as a plain wedding band and isn't always adequately washed along with the bare hands ... rings with stones and settings are even worse for trapping bacteria that can get passed on from one food to the next.

Amen! Now if only someone would tell Paula Deen that!:-p

foodstorm said:
Amen! Now if only someone would tell Paula Deen that!:-p

But, Paula is soooo proud of that rock on her finger! :LOL:

I remember watching the competition for the next foodtv star ... Guy Fieri (now host of Guy's Big Bite) wore so much jewelry that one of the judges asked him if he was trying to promote a cooking show or a jewelery store.

I think Sara Moulton was the only FoodTV chef/cooking demonstrator that ever addressed this issue. She stated that you shouldn't wear rings when handling raw foods for the reasons I mentioned before ... but admitted that she wore her rings anyway because she was afraid she would lose them on the set.

IMHO - if you're afraid you're going to lose your rings-n-things on the set - leave them at home ... don't use that as an excuse to set a bad example.

bethzaring said:
and what's wrong with down the back:huh: ?
I did read in the other thread about your one-handed snap-second delivery of the proper amount of paper, for which you should be congratulated. I can do it going in the other direction.

I can't see myself using the cups without separating them. I'm a klutz and would have food everywhere if I did that. I have 1 set of spoons still on the ring. I also have a bunch of random spoons which are not complete sets. The loose ones are great to use for back up; but the teaspoon size always seems to disappear -- ergo the set still on the ring.

When I used to dabble in TPC (thank you Doris Christopher, and I still do to a degree) I bought her adjustable cups and spoon sets . I just love them. Its an all in one contraption that takes the fuss out of measuring for a level amount. I admit, I love a good kitchen gadget now and them, but I do have my mothers old tin measuring cups that look like darling little saucepots, and once they came into my possesion...I threw the 52 yr old metal ring in the trash, thank you very muck...(sorry mom)

No rings on anything not even in DH nose. I have found that I do like The Pampered Chef measuring spoons. They are really neat. Not much chance of losing them

The Dessert Diva said:
When I used to dabble in TPC (thank you Doris Christopher, and I still do to a degree) I bought her adjustable cups and spoon sets . I just love them. Its an all in one contraption that takes the fuss out of measuring for a level amount. I admit, I love a good kitchen gadget now and them, but I do have my mothers old tin measuring cups that look like darling little saucepots, and once they came into my possesion...I threw the 52 yr old metal ring in the trash, thank you very muck...(sorry mom)

Forgive me but waht is TCP ?

Just what you guessed. The Pampered Chef. Old habits diehard. We consultants used to use alot of abbreviations in our selling points and such...

The Dessert Diva said:

Didn't TPC sold adjustable measuring cups. Would like to try them. But where do I go?

I have 2 sets of spoons in the Lab, Plastic and SS, the plastic are imperial and the SS are in Metric.
they`re both held together with a Chain, the sort of chain you get on sink plugs like 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
I keep them on the chain, that way I`m less likely to lose one :)

goodgiver, you'll need to find a consultant, host a party and then get them. You can look on their official website to find someone in your area.

I know that a brand called NorPro has a set that comes in blue or orange but you'll need to hit your local specialty shop (or sometimes Ross or TJ Maxx has them).

Buck said:
Andy,

You have posed a dilemma for all of us right-thinking red-blooded honest and upstanding cat-owners. Perhaps we should just eschew toilet paper altogether and use a litter box...unless you can come up with a better solution.

Meow,

Buck:cat:

Forgive my spelling, but isn't that what a biday (beday, bidae?) is for?

Back to the original topic. I voted for save all rings. But, that's mainly because I find a lot of rings, some of them good ones. But, that's a different topic as well. I do leave my nice SS measuring spoons on their ring all the time. When it's time to wash, into the dishwasher they go. My measuring cups are plastic, and have a ring that's cut. I can easily remove/add the cups back to the set as needed. However, when we moved from MI down to OK, I lost the 1/4 c measuring cup. I might have to break down and buy another set.

I'm in the remove the ring and toss it. I don't like washing enough to wash four when I can just wash one. Since hubby was diagnosed with diabetes, we use those measuring cups a lot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom