Shredding cabbage with a food processor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty cool. One of the vids I saw showed shredding cabbage, but just briefly.
In this vid it looks like there's a smaller hole he is sticking the cabbage in though, not the "potato sized" hole (chimney?) in the top of the lid. Whatever you call that extension/chimney.... It looks like there is a smaller opening inside the larger one and his pieces needed to be pretty small.

Except for the shape of the food pusher, it reminds me of my first Farberware FP. Had it for about 20 years until it died. :( Shredded carrots (& a billion other things), for my first and bestest carrot cake.

Pretty cool. One of the vids I saw showed shredding cabbage, but just briefly.
In this vid it looks like there's a smaller hole he is sticking the cabbage in though, not the "potato sized" hole (chimney?) in the top of the lid. Whatever you call that extension/chimney.... It looks like there is a smaller opening inside the larger one and his pieces needed to be pretty small.

Actually, the food was pushed onto a disk/blade inside the FP. It came w several disks/blades for chopping, shredding etc., plus a plastic dough thingy. But, you had to cut larger food into smaller portions to fit through the feed tube. Liked it, but all the disks took up too much room.

This is like my food processor. He could have taken the top part off each time to get bigger pieces in but it is easier just to shove smaller pieces in that little center hole.

Shredding cabbage in a food processor is pretty common knowledge, isn't it?

This is like my food processor. He could have taken the top part off each time to get bigger pieces in but it is easier just to shove smaller pieces in that little center hole.

Shredding cabbage in a food processor is pretty common knowledge, isn't it?

Ooh, I was thinking maybe he had to keep them aligned with something of the disk, a certain section, and that's why he wasn't using the whole feed tube. Thanks

Why would I, or why should I learn anything from the guy who cuts his veggies with a bread knife? :huh:
No wonder he uses food processor to shred his cabbage and carrots. Two carrots could be chopped in 10-12 seconds, so is the cabbage and 2 potatoes. It's going to take much longer to wash that food processor. Not that there is anything wrong with using it. I do it sometimes, when I cook for a crowd and use 24 quarts pot. That is about 10 pounds of potato and about as much carrots, etc.
Now, I did not get to see the rest of the videos my PC kept locking up, so I did not see how he made Borscht it self, otherwise I'd have more comments. Borscht is my big time pet peeve.

Aha, finaly i am able to watch the rest.

Ohm my gosh, moderators, pleeeese move this thread into the “jokes” forum, before I explode. :mad:
Where do people get chutzpa (what’s the English word for it, GB help me out) to put him self on internet pretending to know how to cook.
First he cuts veggies with bread knife, :mad:
and then he puts potato and cabbage into soup at the same time. :mad:
By the time the potato will be done the cabbage is going to look like a …, darn I don’t know the word again. Well, it is going to be very overcooked and overcooked cabbage doesn’t look good and doesn’t taste good.
And the burnt veggies that he was adding to the soup, it was a disgrace. :mad:
No, I can’t watch this anymore.
What a looser!

Back
Top Bottom