Silicone jar spoons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
Does anyone know of an alternative to the Joseph Jar Spoon?

Joseph Joseph Elevate Jar Spoon, Pink : Amazon.com : Kitchen & Dining

I bought one at Bed Bath, and any food that touches it tastes perfumey. I've had the same problem with other silicone items I've bought in that store. Seems that the silicone easily absorbs environmental smells. I'm bummed because it's a very cool little utensil. I tried soaking it in a white vinegar solution, but that didn't help :(

Does anyone know of an alternative to the Joseph Jar Spoon?

Joseph Joseph Elevate Jar Spoon, Pink : Amazon.com : Kitchen & Dining

I bought one at Bed Bath, and any food that touches it tastes perfumey. I've had the same problem with other silicone items I've bought in that store. Seems that the silicone easily absorbs environmental smells. I'm bummed because it's a very cool little utensil. I tried soaking it in a white vinegar solution, but that didn't help :(

If it absorbs environmental odors, put it in a container of baking soda for a day or two.

If it absorbs environmental odors, put it in a container of baking soda for a day or two.

Great idea, Andy! If that doesn't work I may ask Bed Bath to ship me one from the warehouse, where the boxes of the perfumey products are closed! It's gross to taste that stuff on my food :(

Yes, they do look cool. And, they have a bit of a bowl, which makes it easier to get stuff like olives out of a jar.

Yeah very similar to the Joseph jar spoon I purchased but much cheaper. And they probably don't have a perfumey smell because they're not from Bed Bath!

Back
Top Bottom