Silicone oven gloves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
My dog just ate the last two oven mitts we had. My wife put them in the laundry basket in the garage just like last time they got ate. (2weeks ago)

I am thinking we need some silicone ones that we can wash in the sink and keep away from the brat.

Which ones do you have and are you happy with them. I see some online for 10 bucks and I also see some OXO brand ones that I think I like.

Any suggestions?

I lost my nice set of gloves by NOT removing them from my Showtime Rotisserie while it was on!.. Not one of my proudest moments in the kitchen. :ohmy: I still can't get what's left of them off the top of the Rotisserie..

They were replaced with this set. I only use them when I have my Brinkman Smoker going. They are great for protecting your hands and forearms. While removing the hot drip pan.

My only problem with this set is that they make it hard for someone with small hands to get a firm tight hold of hot pans. They aren't flexible. No finger slots.. They do hold up well to the heat, dishwasher safe, easy to clean. Puppy proof?... Well that can be tested out. :LOL:

Hope this helps.
Munky.
siliconeovenglove_96368.jpg

siliconeovenglove_96368.jpg

I don't have the gloves. I really prefer the silicone pads. I have three 9" square pads. They double as trivets to put hot pans on.

I have a shark glove like that and it's bulky. I use it for grilling and the fireplace and sometimes the oven.

I also use the pads that Andy has been in the end generally rsort to old fashioned oven mitts.

I have one silicone mitt, and I don't like it. It isn't very flexible and I don't feel like I get a good grip with it. I don't care for any of the silicone cooking stuff, except the utensils. Love those.

I generally use hot pads, but if I need gloves I have a pair of fireplace gloves I use mostly for the grill I can grab. They come halfway up my arm and are well insulated. Made of leather and oil hardened at this point.

You might want to ask the dog what he has a taste for as you are deciding. :LOL:

I have the silicone pot holders, but I have been a little leery of the gloves. The hot pads can get very very hot--hot enough to burn fingers all by themselves--and I wouldn't want my fingers stuck inside a glove.

I've got the silicone fingers only thing. Works okay, but I keep using the old cloth pads and mitts. They're flexible.

I have tried a silicon oven glove, but like everyone has said, not very flexible and hard to get a god grip...I use cotton oven gloves

Back
Top Bottom