Slow Cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Last year I ordered a small slow cooker. I got instead one big enough to feed all the parents of the PTA. At the same price. I used it a couple of times, and it took up too much room in my small studio apartment kitchen. And it would have cost me an arm and leg to send it back. I gave it to Spike and he is thrilled with it.

Well, now my daughter wants to give me hers. She doesn't use it for just the two of them. And I did ask. "Is it small or family size?" Family size! But it is round as to oblong as was the one I received. Hopefully, with winter coming upon us fast this year, I can make some stews in it.

My daughter has been on a mission to do as much as she possibly can since my surgery. Anything to make my life a little easier. So I am grateful. She recently bought me a toaster oven. Much larger than my toaster. Not enough counter room for it. And we only would make toast with it. She has a larger one, but she uses hers for everything. Pirate and I do all our cooking from scratch. She took it back to the store and traded it off for a floor fan for Pirate's room. With the heat on, it all seems to go into his room first before it heats the rest of the apartment. She is my first born, and I love her dearly. But please, daughter ask me first if I will use it or even have room for it!

It's interesting how much stuff we have in our kitchens that we could really do without....

Last year I moved and the new place was under renovation. For 3 months I had no kitchen. The old fridge was on the back porch along with a single butane burner and the gas bbq grill. I found that I used a only tea kettle and a wok. I didn't feel deprived and was able to cook almost everything I desired. I even made toast on the bbq.

I also have a slow cooker - still in the moving box it was packed in 2 years ago. I guess it's time to admit that I may never use it again ;)

Last edited:
It's interesting how much stuff we have in our kitchens that we could really do without....

Last year I moved and the new place was under renovation. For 3 months I had no kitchen. The old fridge was on the back porch along with a single butane burner and the gas bbq grill. I found that I used a only tea kettle and a wok. I didn't feel deprived and was able to cook almost everything I desired. I even made toast on the bbq.

I also have a slow cooker - still in the moving box it was packed in 2 years ago. I guess it's time to admit that I may never use it again ;)

As some here know, when I moved from Cali to Mo, I came with nothing but my knives and a handful of utensils.. Jeannie followed with a couple of pots and a few other kitchen goodies..Mostly things which were her mom's..
I've basically started a kitchen from scratch and I'm amazed with how few "things" I need to put together decent meals..

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
It is amazing. I use very few things as well. There is a stash if kitchen gadgets and small appliances on top of the fridge that does nothing but get greasy.

It is similar to construction. I have full tool trailer with every tool imaginable. However, I can do nearly anything with just a few tool totes that fit in the back seat of my truck.

And yep, Addie, get an instant pot. It will change your life.

Back
Top Bottom