Smart Spin Storage System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choclatechef

Washing Up
Has anybody tried this? :?

I have been debating about whether it is worth the money. I like the fact the containers store in a small area and they all have the same lids. The carousel organizer is sharp also.

What do you guys think?

You're limited to the containers they sell you to fit in the rack. No info on the quality.

I buy a lot of containers from Rubbermaid and can get several sizes that share the same cover size. I stack them with the lids underneath and they don't take up any more room than the TV version.

Good list, "Choc"! And likewise good reply, Andy!

I have seen the snake oil peddlars runing this on TV for the last several nights, and it seems a "keen" idea...never being terribly quick to reach for my credit cards, I thought about it...

The containers on offer are remarkably low in number, so the "freebie" offer of a few more of each size, "at no extra charge", "limited time offer" seems pretty lame...

Likewise the size of containers is pretty arbitrary, and lacking in "small" containers...

The "generics" seem to me to be better than the "Zip-Locks" at the premium price, and a 20% lower price has made me buy several...their lifetime is perhaps only 6 months to a year in my house, so "hitting me with the 'Quality Stick' " isn't really getting it any further in impelling me to purchase...

Sooner or later, if this is a "great" concept, thesewill be on offer at every A+P in Christendom, probably for about about $10 or less...

Wear and tear is going to be there for both lids and containers, and where's the re-supply and/or the identification of such "failure" short of "losing" the content, or worse yet, getting food poisoning?

Dunno, but I'm less than excited about laying out that sort of coin for this sort of product...

And, yes, there are good aguments about what I presently have, versus any "research" on their foibles...but I think this is a case of a "holder" that cannot be patented and will be copied in the next severable months, at a much lower cost...

Lifter

I've seen the ad many times. My initial concern was what the quality of the containers would be. Thinking further, I don't have many empty containers anyway - most are filled with food - so I decided to pass.

Looks like a great idea on the surface ..... but I have questions about the material they are made from. I do a lot of things with tomato/oils that stain most plastics (Greek/Italian/Cajun). That's why I gravitated to commercial storage containers made of polycarbonate plastic ... such as the ones made by Cambro (my #1 pick) and Rubbermade. The polycarbonate plastic doesn't stain, doesn't retain odors, and cleans up easily.

I love Cambro containers, and they are my first choice.

But they are so expensive, and I liked the space saving idea. But, they are the best aren't they?

Add in shipping and handling and they're not so cheap.

Better off buying those microwaveable disposable Glad containers. They come in various shapes and sizes and are handy to have.

Obviously Psiguyy is someone else who reads the "fine print" .... ONLY $9.95 ... and call within the next 5 minutes and we'll DOUBLE whatever crap we're trying to sell you ... plus $19.95 S&H (each).

STOR - Smart Spin Storage System

Subtotal: $19.99
Shipping: $7.95
Tax: $0.00
Total: $27.94

Got the above from their website. So, $28 bucks for 24 containers and the rotating rack that will be worthless when you eventually run out of containers.

Shipping & Handling adds about 40% to the cost of the product.

i have been tempted to buy it too choc. every time i open the cabinet to get a container, i get showered with most of the containers and lids in there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom