Spice Storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I buy a large variety of spices from several sources, some of the handy-dandy solutions don't work for me -- my jars, cans, and bottles are in so many sizes and shapes! I, like Dawgluver, have the lazy susan type things (Rubbermaid makes them) on the bottom shelf of my next-to-stove food prep area. Two have oils, vinegars and sauces that don't require refrigeration, two have spices and dried herbs.

I bought a couple of bamboo spice racks. They have steps and fit far enough back in the cabinet that I can put those tiny McCormick containers in the front. I use the store containers, and put the spices back in the same place. I find it easy to find the spice I want by the different shapes, sizes and cap/label colors.

we got a new fridge - it's stainless - I was overjoyed when none of the 20,000 refrigerator magnets would stick! I'm loving the non-clutter (g)

we got a new fridge - it's stainless - I was overjoyed when none of the 20,000 refrigerator magnets would stick! I'm loving the non-clutter (g)

When we bought the house I was gonna get stainless for the same reason. When we went to buy our fridge (a very specific model to fit the space) they didn't have stainless in stock so we got black, still looks good in the kitchen, but my partner likes to put magnets on it, not even souvenir magnets just ones from businesses, they tend to disappear quickly though :D

I use these: Magnetic Spice Tin - Bed Bath & Beyond I've got them all up one side of my refrigerator. I write on them with dry erase markers so I know what's going on - one of my best investments yet.

I bought those and didn't care for them. Either the lids fit too tight and you had to twist and pull to get the lid off, causing light weight herbs to go flying, or they were too loose and came off too easy.

It was disappointing because I really liked the idea. I put up magnet strips up in the inside of the cabinet doors in the apartment that I used to live in.

I bought those and didn't care for them. Either the lids fit too tight and you had to twist and pull to get the lid off, causing light weight herbs to go flying, or they were too loose and came off too easy.

It was disappointing because I really liked the idea. I put up magnet strips up in the inside of the cabinet doors in the apartment that I used to live in.

They are hard to open but since I'm ridiculously strong I don't have much of a problem with them :LOL:

I got these racks at World Imports. There are 4 of them in the picture. I labeled the tops of the jars, and alphabetized them. Everything is easy to find, and it takes no cupboard space.

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 269
My friend who is watching the cats says I got a package from "TableFare," I bet it's my spice jars. Looks like I'll have a project when I get home.

I have a corner cabinet in the kitchen with a three level lazy susan. I arrange herbs and spices on the bottom shelf in alpha order. The middle smaller shelf gets spice blends. The top shelf gets oils, vinegars and misc. There's room around the edges of the lazy susan for misc. other stuff as well.

My brother re did his kitchen and got stainless steel appliances. He loved them, and said that the only thing he didn't like was that his magnetic photo frames didn't stick! Good thing he has a wooden spice rack in his cupboard! :)

Back
Top Bottom