Super Peel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems like a waste to me. A regular pizza peel does the same thing for a fraction of the price.

You're not going to believe this but I know the inventory of this peel and I have one :LOL: I like it for whatever that's worth - I could be partial though :rolleyes: :angel:

The movement of the cloth when placing things in the oven helps not "over throw" whatever I'm putting in there. Also, when removing something you are guaranteed it's going to hang onto the cloth, which you then move towards you with this little "handle" clip for easy extraction from the oven.

Last edited:
You're not going to believe this but I know the inventory of this peel and I have one :LOL: I like it for whatever that's worth - I could be partial though :rolleyes: :angel:

The movement of the cloth when placing things in the oven helps not "over throw" whatever I'm putting in there. Also, when removing something you are guaranteed it's going to hang onto the cloth, which you then move towards you with this little "handle" clip for easy extraction from the oven.

thanks for the input. Is there any gadget you don't have? ;)

OK, Kitchenelf......I just stumbled upon this group and your response regarding OUR Super Peel. Thanks for your Super Peel praises. All I can say to the naysayers is that they really should not be so quick to dismiss something if they have not tried it. Saying that a regular peel or rimless cookie sheet is the same thing is pretty far off the mark.

Hey, it is not for everyone, but simple, easy, fun to use and pretty much goof-proof has got to have somethings going for it.

Now, my question..... You say that you know me, but I don't know who you are. Care to offer some hints? ;-)

Pizzameister

All I can say to the naysayers is that they really should not be so quick to dismiss something if they have not tried it.
The reason I have dismissed it for me is that I have no need for it. A regular pizza peel works perfectly for me. It is inexpensive and does exactly what I want it to do and very easily. In my opinion there is nothing that can be done to it to improve it for me. It could not be any easier to use and it could not perform the task it does any better. Why would I want to pay 3x the price for something that does the same thing?

I am willing to listen to any reasons I may be missing, but my opinion may still be the same even after hearing them.

GB,

I appreciate your clarification. This makes it much more clear that you were speaking for yourself and of your needs; whereas, your post can easily be read as a more generally applicable opinion. When expressing an opinion from a position of some authority, it is important not to make what may be seen as generalized statements, particularly when based on only personal requirements: "Seems like a waste to me. A regular pizza peel does the same thing for a fraction of the price.", as these can be interpreted as being more broadly applicable. So, thanks for the clarification.

While our product does do what a regular pizza peel does, and as previously stated it is not for everyone, it can and does offer many significant advantages to many users. Keep in mind also, that the Super Peel is simply a newer rendering of millenia-old baking technology, making it more applicable to home baking.

BTW, a Hundai does the same thing as a Lexus for a fraction of the price. Would you dismiss the utility and value of a wheelchair, simply because you personally have no need for one?

Below is a short list of some things it can be helpful with:

Much shorter learning curve than a regular peel.
Generally, much easier to use, as it does not require mastery of any special skills.
Easier handling of very thin crust pizzas.
Easier handling of high hydration bread doughs.
Handling of gluten-free and other non-cohesive doughs
More predictable movement and placement in the typical home kitchen environment - eg. exactly placing a 14" pizza on a 14" stone.
Unique advantage of being able to lift as well as place items, allows free movement of multiple pizzas or other items from prep area to oven whenever ready.
Ability to precisely lift and place multiple items.
Enables use of much less flour for rolling and transferring of all doughs, which not only makes it simpler, but also produces better baking results for cookie, pastry and similar dough.

I will grant to you that you do not need it for what you do; however, I would appreciate, in return, your entertaining that it has unique capabilities which just might make it of benefit to others. The latter has been independently recognized by Cook's Illustrated Magazine, America's Test Kitchen, The Baker's Cataogue, Fine Cooking Magazine, Wilton Enterprises' Test Kitchen, and many many others.

If not, then.....................

Pizzameister

GB,

I appreciate your clarification. This makes it much more clear that you were speaking for yourself and of your needs; whereas, your post can easily be read as a more generally applicable opinion. When expressing an opinion from a position of some authority, it is important not to make what may be seen as generalized statements, particularly when based on only personal requirements: "Seems like a waste to me. A regular pizza peel does the same thing for a fraction of the price.", as these can be interpreted as being more broadly applicable. So, thanks for the clarification.
If you re-read my post you will see again that I did say seems like a waste to me. That should have signified that I was talking for myself and not making generalizations.

Would you dismiss the utility and value of a wheelchair, simply because you personally have no need for one?
This analogy does not hold water. I am not dismissing a pizza peel. I am dismissing an alternate version of a pizza peel that in my opinion does the same thing as the original, but for more money.

Below is a short list of some things it can be helpful with:

Generally, much easier to use, as it does not require mastery of any special skills.
Handling of gluten-free and other non-cohesive doughs
More predictable movement and placement in the typical home kitchen environment - eg. exactly placing a 14" pizza on a 14" stone.
Unique advantage of being able to lift as well as place items, allows free movement of multiple pizzas or other items from prep area to oven whenever ready.
Enables use of much less flour for rolling and transferring of all doughs, which not only makes it simpler, but also produces better baking results for cookie, pastry and similar dough.

I think you are portraying a pizza peel as much more difficult to use than it really is. I would really not say there is much, if any, learning curve to learning to use a regular peel. At most it would take one pizza to learn how to use it. The cost of that one pizza is much less then the difference between the cost of a regular pizza peel and the cost of this one.

Generally, much easier to use, as it does not require mastery of any special skills. see my response to the comment above. I do not thinks a reg pizza peel requires any more mastery than learning how to use a napkin.

I have not found thin crusts any more difficult to use than thicker crusts. A simple jerk of the hand and the thin crust comes right off.

I can not comment on this as I have no first hand experience

Handling of gluten-free and other non-cohesive doughs I do not have experience with this either

I have never had any problems placing my pizza exactly where I want it with the exception of my very first pizza. See my first comment.

I am not sure what you mean by this. I have no problem lifting things with my peel. I have a home over and do not have room for multiple pizzas so being able to move multiples (which does not seem like it would be an issue anyway) would not be something I would ever need to do.

See above

I generally use cornmeal which I think improves the taste and texture. The correct amount sticks every time so this as well is a non issue

I will grant to you that you do not need it for what you do; however, I would appreciate, in return, your entertaining that it has unique capabilities which just might make it of benefit to others. The latter has been independently recognized by Cook's Illustrated Magazine, America's Test Kitchen, The Baker's Cataogue, Fine Cooking Magazine, Wilton Enterprises' Test Kitchen, and many many others.

If not, then.....................
Like I said, for me it just does not seem like a justifiable expense. All the benefits that would mean anything to me are benefits I already get from a cheaper product. I also feel that you are coming up with sales points that really (in large part) are not valid. I am not saying that your product is bad or that there are people that would not benefit from it. I have no doubt that there are. Our very own Kitchenelf, whose opinion I respect a great deal, has and loves your product. For me and for the reasons you have put forth, I just do not see anything that makes it better than what I already have for less money.

Last edited:
Hi GB,

I do respect your opinion w.r.t. your needs. But, that was not the question put forth, and not that which may be of most benefit to others' considerations. Other than the last paragraph, in which you state: "I am not saying that your product is bad or that there are people that would not benefit from it. I have no doubt that there are. Our very own Kitchenelf, whose opinion I respect a great deal, has and loves your product.", the rest is almost entirely about you.

Yes, Kitchenelf does love the product, as well as do our many thousands of customers, worldwide. So, why be so hardlined against something which you really do not know? Would you care to comment on the several other impartial, very well respected, and "user-neutral" opinions which I cited? They, after all, speak to the more general market.

Regarding price, I have made and make very little profit on this venture. If you have any experience in manufacturing and marketing a new product within this country you will certainly understand this. It is a good thing that I hold a regular job in addition to this project.

Each to their own,

Pizzameister

Pizzameister, first you say
When expressing an opinion from a position of some authority, it is important not to make what may be seen as generalized statements
and then you say
Other than the last paragraph, in which you state: "I am not saying that your product is bad or that there are people that would not benefit from it. I have no doubt that there are. Our very own Kitchenelf, whose opinion I respect a great deal, has and loves your product.", the rest is almost entirely about you.

I can only speak for myself and that is all I will do. I have my own opinions based on my own experiences. I can not and will not speak for other people.

So, why be so hardlined against something which you really do not know?
I am simply stating my own opinion. Something we are all free to do. I see two products. One that has been used for many many year and works perfectly in my opinion. The other performs the same function and costs at least 2/3rds more. I do not think it is out of line for me to state my opinion that I think it is a waste of money especially since that is what the topic of this thread is about.

I do not begrudge you selling your product for whatever price you choose. I honestly hope that you do very well selling it and that you get as much money for it as the market will allow. For me it seems like a complete waste of money when there is already a product that does the same thing at a much lower price.

I was just about to buy this...

I was just about to buy this until I saw the inventor bawwwing all over this forum about one person who says they don't need it. Pizzameister, I already went to your website. I know that you think it's great. Please leave this forum for what it's for: An independent discussion of your product. I don't care if one person doesn't need your product I would have bought one anyway, until you started e-crying about it. Welcome to the internet, learn to take some criticism.

agreed....you came off a bit aggressive, and then got nit-picky on semantics....it's a turn off

something tells me that GB is even less likely to buy your product now, even if you had convinced him that it was a good product

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom