Syringes anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pengyou

Senior Cook
I saw a gadget once that looked like a syringe - a big one - and let you fill it with batter to dispense it. On the side of the syringe there was a clear plastic viewing area with measuring lines on it so that you could measure out the exact amount of batter every time. My purpose here is to find a simple and quick way of measuring out batter when I make cakes, cupcakes or muffins. One of the secrets I have found with cupcakes and muffins is to get EXACTLY the same amount of batter in each cup. Any ideas?

I use a disher (ice cream scoop). I have them in several sizes, and they work beautifully for portioning out anything from pancakes to cookie dough.

I just use a serving spoon, putting maybe two or three spoonfuls in each cupcake slot, then distributing the rest of the batter as evenly as possible.

Yes...I do the same right now...but, #1, I am a gadget freak..and the idea of having another gadget makes me drool :) #2, the gadgets on the website I posted look relatively drip free and have no issues with batter sticking to the side so that 1/2 cup is actually about 3 tbsp less than half cup.

Yes...I do the same right now...but, #1, I am a gadget freak..and the idea of having another gadget makes me drool :) #2, the gadgets on the website I posted look relatively drip free and have no issues with batter sticking to the side so that 1/2 cup is actually about 3 tbsp less than half cup.

For my Epitaph my daughter has it memorized. "She never met a kitchen tool she didn't love." :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom