"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cook's Tools

Old 06-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #11
Sous Chef

What a great find!!!!I bet you can't wait to break it in!!!!

Old 06-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

I love it when people get good deals on kitchen stuff.

Old 06-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #13
Head Chef

Well, I went in to the Le Creuset discount store I told you about and saw some lovely things, but nothing as good value as your huge pot! In fact, there was a lovely but smallish casserole in Lavender that was heart shaped and I thought was lovely for winter nights whern it is just the two of us, but that was in numbers (60) the same as you paid for your giant, and then when you consider sixty sterling is about $90 ish dollars it seems even worse.....! I love the new Le Creset colours, the verdant green, the butter yellow and even the new pastels, lavender, pale blue and pale pink. But I think the old firey orange/yellow is iconic, and love it for that reason alone.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
There is a beautiful cooking store in town but it is $$$. I rarely go in there because I just get sad by all the stuff I want but can't afford...My sister is here so we decided to go in and look around. I found this Le Creuset 12 quart pot! 50% off! I got it for only $60!!! It will be soo handy! I don't like when I make a chowder and have to use 2 pots or pasta without enough water in there. I am looking forward to the use to come of this huge pot! Just thought I'd share. Yippee!

Great deal! I love the big Le Creuset stuff, but it has always been more money than I could justify spending. I would have snapped this one up in a heartbeat though. Congrats, and happy simmering!

Kelly