The magic bullet blender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelley

Assistant Cook
Does anyone on here have it, and do you do any recipies in it that arent in the cook book?

I bought one yesterday, and I am trying to justify having spent $65.00 for it. It is still in the box.

My futre SIL got one the other day for his birthday. He's pretty excited about it but I don't think he's had the chance to use it yet. Have you googled "Magic Bullet Blender recipes"?

I have seen the infomercials on TV here late at night for them. They look fairly versatile but do you think this will become just another appliance that ends up sitting in a cupboard never used?

I would also like to hear from owners to see if they use them.

My dad bought one a couple of months ago, and, apparently they were having a buy one get one free deal, So I got one too. He absolutely loves his, and uses his every day. I've mostly used mine for mincing/chopping things and making sauces, etc. I havn't gotten around to making smoothies and omlets and choc. mousses... I've been so busy with my new job that I just don't have the interest or energy to spend my spare time messing with it. But I plan to do more with it in the near future. I know the booklet it comes with has tons and tons of recipes in it..

The first time I used mine it was to chop almonds. The result was almond butter. That little motor has a heck of a torque.

If you're going to be getting one of those mini-blender things (that's what it essentially is), might I recommend the Belladonna instead of the Magic Bullet?

A 10 second google search (or a quick perusal of the reviews on Amazon) will tell you why. For the Cliff's Notes version, let's just say durability is a concern.

My sister got me one in November. They're pretty cool, and I was using mine every morning for smoothies with frozen fruit. There is a problem though - after around 5 months of use, it now has a short. I put the stuff in, put it on the base, and it goes for about 1 second and stops. That happens over and over till I get lucky enough for it to work. Another problem is that the blades got dull really fast.
That said, yes, it's a very convenient purchase, but you can get them for quite a bit cheaper. I've seen them at Kohl's on sale, and that store always sends out coupons.

As for recipes, like the people before me said, use blender recipes.

If you're going to be getting one of those mini-blender things (that's what it essentially is), might I recommend the Belladonna instead of the Magic Bullet?

A 10 second google search (or a quick perusal of the reviews on Amazon) will tell you why. For the Cliff's Notes version, let's just say durability is a concern.

Never heard of this Belladonna, and my 30 second Googling didn't turn up anything that looked like a blender. How about a link to one for me?

For anyone who has a blender that you like and seldom use and want one that will do the same job as the Magic Bullet, just look for the same size mouth as a mason jar and work it like a magic bullet will do. Mayonnaise containers of the same size that will fit your blender will also do the same job. That is what I use anyway...I used to love to have a magic bullet but I found a solution that works for me instead of buying another appliance. :chef:

'Hope this helps.

I use my Magic Bullet every day, especially during the warmer months and, let's face it, around here that's most of the year. It's great for smoothies and iced coffee and such. I've had it for two or three years now. No problems... except I needed to buy more mugs because a couple of the little nubbies that key in the slots to activate the motor broke off. No problems though.

Back
Top Bottom