The name of this forum, "Cook's Tools"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's for all kinds of tools that aren't appliances. Tongs, spoons, baking pans, scop and grinds, lemon juicers, etc. Some may be gadgets.

Like Andy M. said - this forum is for all kinds of tools ued by cooks ... kitchen towels, cutting boards, spoons, etc. which don't fit into one of our other "Cookware and Accessories" forums. Some are about basic tools (someone looking for info on cutting boards or someone looking for the heavy-duty cooking spoons the TV chefs use) - some are questions about "gadgets" (like the "Scoop-n-Grind" - or newly introduced microwave pasta cooker).

I guess how you differentiate between a "tool" and a "gadget" depends on your perspective ...

Right, right....a food processor (well, that's anyway an appliance) is not a gadget.

I've always thought of a "gadget" as a "single purpose "tool", whose task can be accomplished with tools already in a kitchen, and whose purpose is really just to sound cool and generate sales".

Trust me, I have DRAWERS full of "gadgets" that I hardly ever use. Tools, on the other hand, I have as well, and use them frequently, when I cook.

Back
Top Bottom