Thermapen do you have it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't trust the wireless feature of my Maverick et73. I know there are mods that can be made to improve range and their newer model addressed and correct most issues.
I use the probe but not wirelessly.

The only problem I've had with the OS BBQ Meter is the original probe quit working in the first month. They sent me a free replacement that was WAY better made and it's now lasted and worked perfectly for quite some time.

I love it because of it's remote, wireless capability. No more checking the meat or opening the lid.

In fact, I now use it not only on the BBQ, but when frying meat and oven cooking meat. The thermocouple wire is thin enough to come out of the oven without leaking the heat out.

I love the thing!

Last edited:
I don't trust the wireless feature of my Maverick et73. I know there are mods that can be made to improve range and their newer model addressed and correct most issues.
I use the probe but not wirelessly.

I would gladly spend triple to have double the range on mine. It barely works 20 ft away, line of sight, anymore. If my eyes were better and my windows cleaner I could probably read the temp right on the sending unit without stepping outside :LOL:

I wrote an email to thermoworks about "Some say that the red one is fastest"

This is the response I got back.
-------
Julio,

There is a lot of talk regarding which color of Thermapen is the fastest. It is all a matter of preference. Everybody believes that their color of Thermapen is faster than anybody else’s. In actuality, they are all manufactured the same and any color you choose should give you that very fast response time that you are looking for. That being said, I have an orange one and I think it’s the fastest! J

Thanks,

Amanda McGrath
Technical Service
ThermoWorks, Inc.
amanda@thermoworks.com
800-393-6434
-------

I'll be ordering the gray one this coming wednesday.

I'm confused. So orange is the fastest?

I thought the return email to Julio clearly showed that Thermapen's TS doesn't know what they are talking about, as they think orange is fastest, when it's clearly red.

I have two of them, an older one and the newer Splashproof. Both of them agree 100% and are dead on in an ice bath & boiling water. They both also agree with my Sous Vide Supreme to the degree, which is pretty cool.

I wouldn't be without my Thermapens!

Me too. I only have the original, but I love it. I have the Thermapen probe thermometer too, and both seem to be in sync with each other.

I got my grey thermapen earlier today! It was nice of thermoworks to include a bag of jelly belly beans candy inside the package :) Later tonight I plan on doing an ice bath and boil some water to test it's temperature accuracy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom