Tis the season to buy the foodie in your life some fun equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark Webster

Senior Cook
There are alot of fun gadgets out in the market right now and with everyone being more involved in food these days you have alot of gift decisions to be made.

I suggest if you have a culinary student in your life or a culinary enthusiast and they are looking for a knife set, spend the extra money and buy a knife that will last (I have had most of mine nearly 20 years and I use them in a professional kitchen). If you can't buy an entire set, start with one knife and each birthday, chirstmas buy them another one to help build their set.

If you are buying an stick blender make sure to buy one with a metal stem, alot of the time they are going to be putting it into a hot or boiling liquid and the heat can melt or warp the blender.

If you are buying a tool that looks a little too weird check with a chef.

Too many times companies come up with gadgets that they say are designed for Professional Chefs that "we Chefs" have no idea what they are intended to be used for.

Stores are open good luck on your shopping quest. ~¿ô

...If you are buying an stick blender make sure to buy one with a metal stem, alot of the time they are going to be putting it into a hot or boiling liquid and the heat can melt or warp the blender...

I take a different approach. I'd go for a stick blender that has a detachable end that can go into the dishwasher.

I use mine primarily to puree liquids on the stove and have never had an issue with melting and warping. The convenience of the removable end is appreciated.

Andy,
That works too. I guess it all depends on where or what you need blended. The bottom line is do a little research before you go out to shop.

Back
Top Bottom