Trivets/Hot Plates to Keep Foods Warm or Chilled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

auntieshelly

Senior Cook
Last year I found trivets that could be heated in the microwave and would keep casseroles warm -- especially good for buffets. The same trivets could also be put into the refrigerator and used to keep foods cool (salads, dips, fruit, etc.). I purchased them from QVC and gave three as gifts. Everyone loved them and I would like a few more for gifts this year, BUT the manufacturer has discontinued them. Does anyone know of a source for these special trivets? I have searched the web, but can't locate them. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!

You could accomplish the same thing with any ceramic or metal trivet/hot plate by putting it into the oven or freezer before use.

I order a lot of things from QVC but did you try HSN. You can research Williams Sonoma on the Internet and they only carry things for cooking.

Good Luck.

Who was the manufacturer - and what trade name were they marketed under? Knowing that info might help in finding other outlets where they were sold.

Something else that might work is to use a really poor heat conductor for a trivet - something like wood.

Thanks, everyone, for the comments and suggestions. They will certainly help me in my search. I appreciate all your ideas!

Michele Marie -- yes, these trivets are used to protect the table. They can be heated in the microwave and/or chilled in the refrigerator to keep food warm or cold. They may be put directly on the table and do not harm the table surface. I have given them as gifts and everyone loves them. If you should see anything like these, please let me know! Thanks for your interest!!

auntieshelly said:
Last year I found trivets that could be heated in the microwave and would keep casseroles warm -- especially good for buffets. The same trivets could also be put into the refrigerator and used to keep foods cool (salads, dips, fruit, etc.). I purchased them from QVC and gave three as gifts. Everyone loved them and I would like a few more for gifts this year, BUT the manufacturer has discontinued them. Does anyone know of a source for these special trivets? I have searched the web, but can't locate them. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Have you tried looking on EBAY??? If you can find it anywhere you can find it there!!!

I FOUND THEM!

I finally located the microwaveable trivets that I have been trying to find and they are on sale! If you are interested go to www.CSSDeals.com and put "table top heat" into their search box.

(Reanie, I did check EBay and found two used ones. The descriptions -- table top heat, etc. -- eventually led me to the above website. Thanks for the hint!)

Again, thanks to everyone!! Merry Christmas!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom