Utensil caddy under the cabinets, not enough room.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep my wooden spoons and rubber spatulas in a ceramic utensil holder with the Blue Willow pattern on the front. It was a gift from my sister. It is on the right side of the stove. Those are the tools I use the most. I have two drawers that hold everything else. One drawer is dedicated to cooking meals such as my large metal spoons, spatulas, etc. I lay then in the drawer with the handle to the right as that is the hand I am going to be using them in. The second drawer is dedicated to baking. Icing spatulas, zester (which I keep in an empty towel cardboard sleeve), measuring cups and spoons, etc. These drawers are right across from the stove. And my kitchen is a narrow galley type. So by turning almost halfway, I can just open a drawer and reach what I need. Down at the other end, I have a drawer with all the odd stuff. My large heavy rolling pin, the hand held mandolin, ice cream scoops for cooking making, beaters for the hand held mixer, etc. This is stuff I use very seldom or takes up just to much room. It is in a way, the junk drawer for all my odds and ends of kitchen cooking and baking utensils.

I have my cherry pitter in this drawer. I don't know why I am holding on to it. I used it once to pit olives and a couple of times for cherries. I don't eat cherries so when Pirate gets his own apartment, it is going with him. Along with a lot more "junk." My ricer was been used only once. Another one of those tools I just had to have or I would never be able to make mashed potatoes again. I have used it once. It is not sitting in the box for Pirate to take with him.

I definitely need to clean house and get rid of this stuff. I am not cooking as much as I used to. :angel:

I bought a couple of tool hooks that are covered with red plastic. They swivel closed to the cabinet. I put them on the end cabinet and they hold my rolling pin. I currently have plywood countertops, waiting for a pallet wood butcher block top I am building myself. Once I get it done, I'll take pics.

I used to keep mine in a drawer next to the stove, but those 2 drawers are narrower than the other ones in the kitchen, and they got to be too crowded. Several years ago I bought a wide crockery jar and now store them in that. There's enough room between the tallest utensil and the top of the cabinets, so they have plenty of clearance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom