Vegetable Peeler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

momomom

Assistant Cook
Does anybody know - how is this tool called, who is maker and where to get it?
It was in the Spelling Bee Impossible show with Robert Irvine on Food Network.

Image is here http://
img88.imageshack.us/img88/5681/img4107oo8.jpg
Thank you
mo

I have an apple peeler that resembles that. Maybe if you look up the particular show on FN you'll find a sponsor list.

Wow........I'm very nearly rendered speechless. I don't think I've ever seen one of those before...

I have an apple peeler that resembles that. Maybe if you look up the particular show on FN you'll find a sponsor list.

This particular show does not have a sponsor list:
foodnetwork.com/recipes/robert-irvine/winners-circle-lasagna-recipe/index.html

I saw something similar on an iron chef episode. I started a thread here. Someone got back to me with a link that sold an expensive version ( like $300). Ill see if I can locate the thread/ link.

larry

Attachments

• of=50,590,442.jpeg
    of=50,590,442.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 216
I kinda liked them both in their own way. I like when Robert loses his patience and yells though. He said that they will be airing new episodes starting this March with him. He also said that he will be doing a new show with a " major network" sometime this year, but wouldnt give up which network or any further details.

The sheets are primarily seen in japanese cooking and japanese chefs primarily do it by hand. It will be hard to find a second manufacturer making a tool with such low demand. It wouldn't be hard at all to make your own out of a $25-50 apple peeler/corer and a very sharp blade.

i dont really know the brand of peeler i am using but the one i got from a local shop works just fine. i had got one from a shopping network ad, and seriously it was a pathertic piece. so now i have totally stopped using products from TV shopping networks. i prefer picking and chosing them in front of my eyes

Apparantly, They rehired him for 6 more dinner impossible episodes, which will start airing march 1st or somewhere around there. He also mentioned that sometime this year he will have a show on a ' major network', but he wouldnt elaborate. I guess he was told to keep hush hush about it. I searched the internet and confirmed the 6 mor eepisodes of dinner impossible. He was a very nice guy in person, very personable. More of a showman, trying to get the audience to participate. Didnt even touch the food, his staff did all the work, but still a great time. Didnt get to taste what he made for dinner ( some kind of horseradish crsted salmon) since im a veggie.

Definitely not laying low. Very enthusiastic, hyper, loud, energetic ( all in a good way).

Probably what impressed me most about him, was that he stuck around for about 1 1/2 hours to meet and take pics and sign autographs for everyone. He only left when they told him he had to, because the next chef was about to sign. I wasnt even going to go over and meet him, but when I came back ( an hour later) and saw he was still there , and the line was 3 people, not 50 +, I said what the hell. Glad I did , because had a nice conversation with him, and he helped me play a practicle joke on my wife. ( and sure he stayed around for the 1 1/2 hours to promote his show, knives ...., but others left after 10 minutes, so gotta give him credit for that) Id see him again in a second.

Back
Top Bottom