Vidalia Chop Wizard.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're welcome!

It sounds as though this item might not be all it's cracked up to be. I shudder to even think what those other similar chopping units are like!

You might be right, Robo! As the old saying goes; "Well it worked good on TV, why won't it work just as good now?!"

The New England Home Show will be in Boston soon at the World Trade Center. They'll be demonstrating and selling either these or units similar to them, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks for trying it out on our behalf. Sounds like it's less effort to use a knife from the way you describe it.

The only thing that surprises me Corey is that you really thought it would work and you are actually surprised it didn't perform "as seen on TV".

We've got to get you into Gadget Rehab!!!!!!!!!!! Or do we have to hire one of those guys that sneaks in in the middle of the night to capture you??? ;)

kitchenelf said:
...Or do we have to hire one of those guys that sneaks in in the middle of the night to capture you??? ;)

An intervention and exorcism! That's the ticket!

I think as far as TV gadgets go, like anything else, it's always going to be a hit or miss thing.

I love my Ron Popeil pasta maker & rotisserie. Have had the pasta maker for about 15 years at least, & the rotisserie for about 9 years - no problem with either, they're fun & easy to use & produce terrific food.

I also have an inexpensive "mandoline" that, after 15 years is still sharp as ever & still going strong. Slices & dices everything & anything. Price back then: $10.00.

Gee - do you think I got my money's worth?

Breezy - I have the pasta maker and rotisserie too - I have got to get the pasta maker back out on my counter so I WILL use it - if it's hidden I tend not to use things. I love the rotisserie - makes a GREAT leg of lamb, whole chicken, etc.

So you are right, not everything is junk out there.

If we do develop a Discuss Cooking Gadget Rehab (we do have to bring all our toys with us BTW) will any of us really be rehabilitated, or will we just live in this Gadget Commune forever :ohmy:

Katie E said:
Why? No matter the quantity, cutting veggies by hand always gives me the correct coarseness, etc. Plus, all I have to do for clean-up is wash the knife and cutting board. If I need to cut up a gazillion onions, celery, etc., I'll just haul out my trusty Cuisinart and go for it. Like my chopping knife, it's already paid for and has a niche in my kitchen/pantry.

I don't have a Cuisinart, I haul out my trusty old husband!!! RoFL :)

Gossie said:
I don't have a Cuisinart, I haul out my trusty old husband!!! RoFL :)

Haha!! Good sense of humor, Gossie!! I like that one!:-p :LOL:

I've noticed that the instructions for this gadget says to use a rapid motion.

I didn't do that. Maybe THAT'S why I had so much trouble getting the large Spanish onion half through!

I'll try it that way the next time and see if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
Oh, Corey, my friend. I was shopping today in one of my favorite places...a catalogue warehouse store. They sell discontinued, overstock, etc. items.

Guess what I saw there? Yup! The Vidalia Chop Wizard. They had bins and bins and bins full of the plastic gadgets. Price tag was under $10. I was tempted but didn't get one. I'm a gadgetaholic but was able to contain myself today.

How many do you want? Christmas is only 9 months away.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Snoop Puss said:
I don't suppose your middle name is Mephistopheles, is it?

lol - I had a
cat3.gif
by that name and he fully deserved it!

:LOL: My name is jpmcgrew and I am a gadgetaholic.:LOL:
Not only kitchen stuff however I am getting better but also alot of other things.They call me gadget girl here.

Corey123 said:
I'm also a gadgetaholic as well!:LOL:

Corey, I'm afraid to say that I think most of us had noticed :)

But seeing as we're confessing here, I own up to reading every one of your reviews and comments on gadgets you've bought or are thinking of buying. So thank you.

Back
Top Bottom