What Cooking Tools Have Changed Your Life In The Kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the benefit of the the third tine? Does it make much difference from the two tined ones?

The linked three-tine fork is smaller and thinner metal. It's about the size of a dinner fork. It's intended for light weight activities like flipping food in a skillet.

The two-tined fork pictured is much bigger. It's also a heavier metal and it's designed to manhandle roasts and assist in carving.

I often use the Granny Fork to remove just the veggies from the pot when I am putting it away. The fork leaves behind the juices and gravy. The sharp pointed tines can really tell me when food is done also the tines do not break up the food when tested for doneness. :angel:

The linked three-tine fork is smaller and thinner metal. It's about the size of a dinner fork. It's intended for light weight activities like flipping food in a skillet.

The two-tined fork pictured is much bigger. It's also a heavier metal and it's designed to manhandle roasts and assist in carving.
Ah, that makes sense. Though I don't think of my two tine fork as heavy, I don't use it for flipping food in a skillet. It's too long to be handy. I do sometimes use a two tine fork to flip food on the grill.

Back
Top Bottom