What is a Mouli?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ebay

I looked up the mouliware A445-08 moulit julienne, and it's a mouli, all right. However, it appears to have only two blades, and it's hard to see how finely they grate, but I assume they're only for julienning salad ingredients (hence the name). Not only is the fine blade for shredding Parmesan apparently missing, but so is any slicing blade. I don't mind using my food processor for slicing, but mine just won't grate Parmesan or Romano finely.

I bid on ebay. I typed in mouli shredder and discovered more information about these jewels. I bid on a mouli like yours, with the bending legs. That is what I had before my Mom threw mine away. So I am happy. I also had the orange plastic one too. My Mom threw that away too. I am bidding on one of those to. My kid is calling me the Mouli Queen. haha
The one that Chef has is the original. It's legs do not bend. You should check out all three of them and then check out the cost for these sweet vintage babies....;)

Yes, the Chief has the correct picture of the mouli I love. I am upset because my mother threw my mouli in the trash while I was living in another city for a while. I have been crying ever since. It is the best thing ever! Mine had legs that bent under to flatten out to place in the drawer. I had the tiny disc for parmesan and all the others too. I did find a moulinex mouliware A445-08 moulit julienne. I have the site but since I am new member I am enable to give you the site. It is a new type of the old mouli we love. It has a plastic body, uggg but it looks pretty good.
Note: Chief would you read the inside of your mouli so I can buy one from the vintage utensil sites? I would love to know the original name. It looks like you have writing inside the frame of your mouli. Thank you for the picture. I am going to blow it up and frame it on the wall.

:chef:

Check this out, maybe this is what you are looking for?

Mouli Shredder Vintage with 8 Cutting Discs Wood Knob Brochure

Joey

Back
Top Bottom