What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could it be used for catching migratory game birds on the wing ? You just reach up an give them the beak clamp . Gives them a beakache so they land.
Do I WIN ?

Know anyone into sewing leather ,looks like that sort of tool. what about gardening ?

After a second look, I wonder if it is a mold for suppositories for large animals like horses and cows. It is the right shape. I'd check with a vet.

Antique ice cream sccop

Google antique ice cream scoop. On page 2, lower left hand corner there is a tool simular. Thats my guess. Roy

those of you thinking it's something a gynecologist would use have obviously never been to a gynecologist.
sheesh

Of course not, why would I. BUt actually I think I was mistaken anyway, the scopp is closed on one end, I did not realise that at first.

My husband wondered if it could be a mold for a hand-made bullet. He said you would pour the lead in hot while it was closed...and open it when it cooled. He said it would have to be possible at least a 50 caliber? Just his guess!

I seriously think I know what it is . I saw in a book a champagne cork pliers. Not joking ,it is the same shape ,you would clamp the cork and turn the bottle. Best regards Gage

I'm wondering if it's a Piloncillo (Mexican brown sugar) mold? Sure has the cone shape that piloncillo has. Hope the image shows.

sugar.jpg

It is most definitely NOT a speculum. It would never work. As a woman and mother I've seen enough to know what one does and this would not be able to do it. Plus like someone else said, this is not a precision instrument. It looks like a cheap kitchen gadget that never caught on.

As for the fishing weight mold, sure it would get hot, so you would have to use heavy work gloves with it.

Marty, I think you are onto something. The shape is right on. I linked to that one on ebay and it looks exactly the same, or is it the same one we've been talking about? I think you win this one.

Last edited:
It has the quality of a medical instrument
My neighbor is an OR nurse and she did not know what it is and said it was probably not something medical

Marty, I think you are onto something. The shape is right on. I linked to that one on ebay and it looks exactly the same, or is it the same one we've been talking about? I think you win this one.

That is one of my ebay listings

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom