What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobbieK

Assistant Cook
My sister has this tool and we can't figure out what it is. It does not have cutting blades. An egg filts in the hollow.

2.jpg

Are you certain it's for eggs? I also see another identical piece in the background of the photo. I'm wondering if it isn't a device that is used to slice tomatoes uniformly. Place the tomato into the halves and slice in the slit openings. For example, check this item out. Just a guess.

Last edited:
I don't know what it would be used for. There are no cutting blades. It doesn't slice an egg or anything. My sister has never used it and doesn't remember who she got it from. She doesn't think it had any other pieces that go with it.

Are you certain it's for eggs? I also see another identical piece in the background of the photo. I'm wondering if it isn't a device that is used to slice tomatoes uniformly. Place the tomato into the halves and slice in the slit openings. For example, check this item out. Just a guess.

That was what I thought of right away.

Where did you get that picture? That is what it is. I didn't realize you had to cut in between the lines. I thought it was something that sliced like an egg slicer. I think you are right. Thanks.

I don't know what it would be used for. There are no cutting blades. It doesn't slice an egg or anything. My sister has never used it and doesn't remember who she got it from. She doesn't think it had any other pieces that go with it.

You're right. There would be no cutting blades, except the knife you would use that would slice between the slits.

Yep.. tomato slicer. I have one. Just be careful. cutting along the metal bottom of the groves can dull a knife.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom