What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JBMCQ

Assistant Cook
Hi,
Just a guy, single for some time / getting around to cleaning that junk drawer in the kitchen after ? years. Lot's more room now !
I've never used this spoon before /ceramic or porcelain with a pour lip.
Not much bigger than a soup spoon. Is this for people with poor aim for their mouth?
:LOL:

Doesn't look large enough for separating grease.
Just noticed the hole in handle for string necklace / maybe a fancy Ben + Jerry's
sampling spoon ? If for wine it's certainly NOT large enough.

Any help will be appreciated + stored in the vast memory bank of my small mind
Regards,
JB.

Attachments

• Spoon .jpg
    Spoon .jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 199
Egg separator. Break the egg into the bowl and pour off the white. Either that or a small ladle.

How about for pouring a TBS of medicine down a baby's mouth, or whatever amount you put in it?

Somebody probably thought it a good idea then maybe it didn't do so well...
So you have one of the only "spouted spoons"....:D

It's a ladle with a pour spout. No drips.

Exactly! It's actually called a "Spout Ladle".

Google - Images - "Spout Ladle"

You'll see a bunch of them.

----

Spout Ladle

A spout ladle is the optimal tool for basting. I've tried spoons, suction basters, basting mops, and even those new silicone basting brushes. All but the first are less efficient at getting enough liquid out of the bottom of a pan.

Regular spoons, even so-called "basting spoons," aren't the right shape for getting down deep into the pan while simultaneously letting you scoop up enough liquid without having to tilt the pan too much.

Enter the spout ladle, which is the perfect shape for this. The angles line up; The tilt is right; And it's long enough you don't run the risk of burning yourself on the pan or the rack while doing it.

Last edited:
No it's actually left handed I just took the picture backwards. Ha !

Attachments

• DRINK TO THAT.gif
    DRINK TO THAT.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 90
Actually all kidding aside gravy boat ladle sounds bout right / googled it + actually didn't see any like it ,most of them are silver ,porcelain ones didn't have the lip. If it was I could do that magic trick + hang it from my nose or ear. As is will have to use with gravy.
Will continue my quest , nice to know I have a very rare and VALUABLE $$$ item. Thanks all.

Attachments

• 71014_MoneyHappiness_vl-vertical.jpg
    71014_MoneyHappiness_vl-vertical.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom