What is this? Looks like a straight ladle with shallow bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooking-2014

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know what this tool is?

Stamped, "Stainless Steel, Freeport".

It looks like a ladle that has a shallow, straight bowl, or a basting spoon with a large bowl and pour spouts. Could be a Chinese wok ladle (hoak), but without the wood handle at the end.

I'd love to get another one. It's an amazing tool!

Thank you!

Attachments

• ladel 1r2.jpg
    ladel 1r2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 369
  • ladel 2r2.jpg
    ladel 2r2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 306
Looks like a ladle with with an angled handle or bowl, depending how you look at it.:) Welcome to DC!

Looks like a big spoon to me with indents to help pour out the side. :shock:

I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if you good folks come up with a fancy name for it. ;)

Does anyone know what this tool is?

Stamped, "Stainless Steel, Freeport".

It looks like a ladle that has a shallow, straight bowl, or a basting spoon with a large bowl and pour spouts. Could be a Chinese wok ladle (hoak), but without the wood handle at the end.

I'd love to get another one. It's an amazing tool!

Thank you!

It looks to my like some sort of a basting spoon or ladle, flat so you can reach in the oven to spoon up the juices and pour them over the roast. That's my guess anyway. It seems to me that it's designed to be used in a restricted space. By Googling that, I got basting spoons that are similar, but without the pour spouts, but I also got some fat skimming spoons. It could be either or both.

Last edited:
I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this will post correctly or not...

It looks like there might be something like it, at the Standard Restaurant Supply website. (I'm not sure if I can post links here, but I'm sure you can find it by the name.)

Search under, "LADLE,DOUBLE SIDED SPOUT,S/S HIGH END" or "TableCraft 2501 Ladle".

Hope that helps. :)

It is referred to as a soup ladle, sauce ladle, gravy ladle, and is used to serve soup at the table or to spread sauce or gravy, such as spreading pizza sauce over the dough.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom