What is this tool used for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samnow

Assistant Cook
I recently found this in a drawer in my kitchen and no one in my family has any idea where it came from or what it does. Could you please help me out if you are familiar with this item? When you squeeze it the blade goes through a slot on the other side of the handle. Please take a look at the pictures. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-04-04 at 21.26 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-04-04 at 21.26 #2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Photo on 2010-04-04 at 21.26.jpg
    Photo on 2010-04-04 at 21.26.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 254
Interesting.
How wide is the part of the handle with the slot in it?

Is the blade sharpened like a sharp knife or just a flat piece of metal?

Could you post a pic of the edge view?

...my guess is that you squeeze it first, then slice pie or cake or other sticky item that might stick to the blade and then release the handle which then pushes the sliced item onto the plate so you don't have to use your fingers nor scrape it off with another utensil...way cool!

Nice to meet you samnow...interesting thread!

:flowers:

I was thinking the same thing jabbur. The weird thing is, I know I have seen this tool before. I am just not sure when or where. I know I have seen it though.

I didn't check the link but it's doing the same for me. I found it by searching cooks tools forum for cookie dropper and it comes up. It was from last Dec. so don't know if that has any bearing on the link not working.

At least I am not going crazy knowing I have seen it before. Thanks for the sanity check jabbur.

I can't vouch for your sanity GB! You still may be going crazy but at least you know this time it wasn't a hallucination!

we had one growing up ... for cookie or biscuit dough. used it once...a spoon and finger is easier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom