What kind of spoon is this, and where can I get one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my_psychosis said:
Hey Keltin "Auron" is my fav great avi. ;)

Whoa! Another FFX fan?!?!?! Awesome! I didn’t think I’d bump into anyone here that knew Auron. He was awesome wasn’t he....and what twist about him as well!

I have two older spoons like this (flat or blunt edges), and they are just terrific for making scrambled eggs, flat edge down on the bottom of the pan. Any cooking job like that. I use my long one to reach down through a pot of chili and scrape the bottom a bit, to make sure nothing sticks. I do not use non-stick (Teflon) pots, so I occasionally feel the need to gently scrape the flat bottoms of my stainless pots and pans. My spoons with the flattened tips do not have the wooden trim like the one in the photo---they are solid stainless, from the 1960s. One other one I have with the blunt edge is pierced with little round holes, so you can fish a morsel out of the bottom of the stew pot... Try your spoons, they look funny with that flat edge, but they work great. I find myself reaching often for them.

The smaller versions of these, more like teaspoons, are commonly used to eat kulfi (a kind of ice cream) with here.

Spoons, spoons? We don't need no stinkin spoons

Looks kinda like an Ice Cream spade

Can you guess who this is?? :chef:

It's definitely an ice cream spade. Once upon a time I worked at two different ice cream shops and they use those to scrape the sides of those huge tubs.

Back
Top Bottom