What one tool in your kitchen do you treasure the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A Instant read Therm-O-Meter....I highly recommend!!!

ThermoWorks - Splash-Proof Thermapen Thermometer

If I recall correctly America's Test Kitchen did an instant read thermometer comparison test and the one you refer to (or one that looks very much like it) was the winner of the test: reads quickly and accurately but quite expensive (IIRC). ($89)

I use a much less expensive Polder digital readout thermometer which works fine for me. I believe that a good instant read thermometer is essential to cooking. Not only can you tell when roasts are done perfectly but you can test a whole variety of foods to determine safe and/or correct serving temperature. I even used mine to set my hot water heater temperature to optimum.

For me - being the handiest and most clever item - it would have to be my "Pickle Getter" and that's only because it is extremely handy. I don't have to "fish" for pickles, get juice on my fingers or all over the counter.

For me - being the handiest and most clever item - it would have to be my "Pickle Getter" and that's only because it is extremely handy. I don't have to "fish" for pickles, get juice on my fingers or all over the counter.

A fork?

LOL nope ... the fork thing annoys me.

Here is what I have .. and as you can see it works for olives too.

img_1124099_0_a48f6ddbb20117e48f5a71142bffccd6.jpg

img_1124099_1_6aebf39086abb6bf54523b6e385e1a41.jpg

LOL nope ... the fork thing annoys me.

Here is what I have .. and as you can see it works for olives too.

img_1124125_0_a48f6ddbb20117e48f5a71142bffccd6.jpg

img_1124125_1_6aebf39086abb6bf54523b6e385e1a41.jpg

A friend of mine has something that looks a lot like that, but it's for picking up sugar cubes at the table. I have seen large ones for ice cubes.

A friend of mine has something that looks a lot like that, but it's for picking up sugar cubes at the table. I have seen large ones for ice cubes.

I have one in my toolbox for picking up small parts you drop into hard-to-reach places.

Is that anything like a "Sticker Gitter"?:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My mom has a tupperware pickle keeper that has a strainer with a handle inside of it. Pull all the pickles out of the juice and grab one, lower back down. No dirty pickles or utensils :)

image-335111021.jpg

I have a silver pickle fork from my grandmother's wedding set. It got polished once, then wrapped tightly and never polished again. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom