What's your favorite digital kitchen timer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
I need a new kitchen timer and am looking for a new one, preferably a double or triple digital timer that has a decent but not annoying sound. Would love to hear which ones people here like. I bought the Oxo triple timer but just saw that it got bad reviews on Amazon.

Oxo usually has good stuff. What did the reviews say and are you experiencing any problems with the timer?

I have a timer on my stove and three remote probe thermometers with timer functions so I'm all set.

I also have an iPad with a timer function.

Last edited:
Oxo usually has good stuff. What did the reviews say and are you experiencing any problems with the timer?

I have a timer on my stove and three remote probe thermometers with timer functions so I'm all set.

The reviews were really mixed. The bad ones were about it breaking down pretty quickly after people purchased it. I just bought it tonight so I'll see what happens.

Whenever I need a timer or stopwatch I use the app on my phone.

The app was free.

Why spend money unnecessarily?

I thought of that, but I don't want to keep my iPhone in the kitchen. I have two cats, and they knock things over all the time!

enough for one to puke on the phone, then another to knock it on the floor, then another to push it under the fridge.

i'm just guessing.

my best timing device is when the smoke alarms go off. i know dinner's almost ready to come in from the garden or from playing wiffle ball down the street.

FMP 4 in 1. It's powered by a 9 volt battery, but accepts a 9 volt dc power supply. I use it with a 9 volt dc power supply cannibalized from a defunct answering machine. Because the FMP has a negative center post jack receptacle, I reversed the polarity of the power supply's jack.

We're set as well. One on the stove and one on the microwave.

I use the microwave timer all the time, too. And my smart phone. The thing I like about using my phone is it goes with me when I go into another room, so I won't miss the timer going off.

I use the one on the stove all the time and the one on the microwave when I need a second timer. The one that my mom bought doesn't get used as much.

So many other devices come with timers, it's often enough to use those. That said, I can see the benefit of having a three-way timer when you're cooking a big meal. Just last night I used one timer for both the vidalia onion on the grill and the rice by putting the onion on the grill when I set the timer for the rice. 25 minutes of rice's cooking and 5 for it's resting gave me the 30 minutes I needed for the onion.

I was on my own for the fish.

I've had the original ThermoWorks for two years. I depend on it heavily for baking. I don't know about a pleasant sound. It's an attention getting alarm that I can just hear in the other end of the house. The counter beside my range is of stainless steel that will hold to a magnet, so it's safe from falling off. I've yet to replace the batteries, and I sometimes forget and leave it on for days.

Amazon.com: ThermoWorks The Original Cooking Thermometer/Timer: Kitchen & Dining

For just routine timing, there's a GraLab kitchen timer that quick and simple to set and plenty loud if I'm away from the kitchen.

151-1031_full.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! So far the Oxo timer seems to be working pretty well. The sound is loud enough to hear in the other room but not irritating. I also like that the beep sound changes after it has reached the set time. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that it is a bit imbalanced in terms of the placement of the bottom buttons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom