What's your favorite wooden spoon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bamboo seems to last better than unidentified wood. If you want to spend some bucks and get something really beautiful go to Shaker workshop and look at their selection. They have both left and right handed models.

I grew up with my backside knowing the spoon all too well.
As kids one of us would distract her and the other would pull the spoons out of the grocery cart and replace it on a shelf.We got caught trying several times too.

I have made several big wooden spoons for stock pots and a huge one for my freinds restaurant. The biggest was almost 4 feet. Alder makes a good wood to use for spoons.

My favorite is like some others here it is the wooden spoon with the flat blade on it. I tend to grab that one first. I like the feel of the wooden spoons over the plastic spoons. My wooden spoons are just the ordinary ones you find at stores like Target, Wal-Mart, ect. and they work just fine. I have never thought about looking for them at the dollar store. Since my favorite type with the flat blade is only one in the bunch of spoons it would be worth finding that at the dollar store and buy a couple of bunches just for that paticular flad blade wood spoon.

These are my favourites. The one with the round bowl is great for serving rice. The one all the way to the right is a recent acquisition. It bends up slightly at the end, so it's a great spatula. It's bamboo and I got it at Dollarama (by itself).

They all go in the dishwasher and (except the new one) have been going in the dishwasher for years.

Attachments

• IMG_2807.jpg
    IMG_2807.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 179
Material-wise, I don't know exactly the type of wood it is that I like best, but I hate buying the cheap ones that splinter. OUCH!!!

Shape-wise, I like the one with the flat blade best. I like to use it when browning ground meats or making oatmeal to keep things from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Similar to these...

Attachments

• spoon.jpg
    spoon.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 81
I grew up with my backside knowing the spoon all too well.
As kids one of us would distract her and the other would pull the spoons out of the grocery cart and replace it on a shelf.We got caught trying several times too.

I have made several big wooden spoons for stock pots and a huge one for my freinds restaurant. The biggest was almost 4 feet. Alder makes a good wood to use for spoons.
Oh, my parents never had to use spoons for my backside! They had a wooden paddle made just for us. Every time you were paddled, you got another tally mark by your name. I had the most out of the four of us. My husband's parents used a wooden yardstick, and his mom would get really mad if it broke! :ROFLMAO:

I have lots of wooden spoons at my house. I like all of them for different things. It seems like I always get some at Christmas time in my stocking!:)

Love my bamboo spoons! I find that they tend to be more dense than regular wooden spoons, which doesn't allow as much moisture to be absorbed. They don't deteriorate as quickly and are really easy to clean! I still use my "old" wooden spoons. But often wonder how "hygenic" they are.

I love wooden spoons and always look for bamboo or olive wood in all shapes and sizes. One of my favorite tools in the kitchen that I just cannot live without.

My favorite is a wooden spoon with a corner and a hole in the middle. Sounds wierd but the corner allows you to stop stuff getting settled in the corner of the base of the pan while the hole in the middle allows stirring without creating a wave. All that technology from a lowly wooden spoon.

My favorite is a wooden spoon with a corner and a hole in the middle. Sounds wierd but the corner allows you to stop stuff getting settled in the corner of the base of the pan while the hole in the middle allows stirring without creating a wave. All that technology from a lowly wooden spoon.

I have one like that too. It's not my favourite, but I do like it.

Mine is one that used to be my grans, my food always taste good when I use this spoon. Possibly because it still has some of the dinners Gran made on it lol! I know it's old but I can't get myself to throw it away!

Material-wise, I don't know exactly the type of wood it is that I like best, but I hate buying the cheap ones that splinter. OUCH!!!

Shape-wise, I like the one with the flat blade best. I like to use it when browning ground meats or making oatmeal to keep things from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Similar to these...

mostly i use the flat blade one as well. works on anything i need a wooden spoon for. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom