Who makes a nice spatula and tongs set?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tenspeed, I saw the use of tweezers in a cooking show about a year ago and decided right then and there I needed a pair. Until I went to our restaurant supply store and saw the price of $45. Italian Import. Well that flew out the window faster than a fat fire on a gas stove. :mad:

A little while later I tried to assuage my ego with a $6 plastic pair. My chop sticks are more agile - and I am FAR from being accomplished with chop sticks!

Loved the article, loved the analogies and thank you for the link!

I will start checking Amazon for more reasonable priced tweezers... tomorrow. :angel:

tenspeed, I saw the use of tweezers in a cooking show about a year ago and decided right then and there I needed a pair. Until I went to our restaurant supply store and saw the price of $45. Italian Import. Well that flew out the window faster than a fat fire on a gas stove. :mad:

A little while later I tried to assuage my ego with a $6 plastic pair. My chop sticks are more agile - and I am FAR from being accomplished with chop sticks!

Loved the article, loved the analogies and thank you for the link!

I will start checking Amazon for more reasonable priced tweezers... tomorrow. :angel:

Go to your local craft store for affordable tweezers. I bought a whole set many years ago. Use them for more than just food. Or you could find a set right at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQ1YZ...t=&hvlocphy=9001990&hvtargid=pla-308543192131

And the cosgt is only $16 for a set of four.

Last edited:
Thank you Addie - I will certainly continue to check them all out. Unfortunately for me Amazon.com pops directly over to Amazon.ca aaand the price jumps from your $16. to my $32. LOL - gotta love computers and borders.

Thank you Addie - I will certainly continue to check them all out. Unfortunately for me Amazon.com pops directly over to Amazon.ca aaand the price jumps from your $16. to my $32. LOL - gotta love computers and borders.

Ouch!!!

Maybe they are having to pay a stork to fly supplies into Canada, on its regular baby delivery run.. ;)

Ross

Maybe they are having to pay a stork to fly supplies into Canada, on its regular baby delivery run.. ;)

Ross

Let me know when your flight takes off so I can watch the skies for the drop! :rolleyes:

Actually I finally got around to checking other departments and if you go to the Kitchen supplies there is a humungous number of tweezers available with all different prices (most very reasonable!), shapes, sizes.

Thanks again Addie for the push in the right direction.

Unfortunately I've become intrigued with kitchen tweezers, and will have to get some (oh no, more kitchen stuff!). After spending way too much time reading about an inexpensive item, I've come to the conclusion that I'll be spending $20 - $25 for them (approx. 12"). No flimsy dollar store cheapies. Looks like Rosle, AG Russel, and Wusthof are of good quality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom