Wooden spoon with notch to rest on pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coder1

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know the maker of the wooden spoons that have a notch in the handles so that it can rest on the edge of a pan while cooking. I saw that Rachel Ray had one and I have been trying to locate one ever since.:)

Interesting. I haven't seen a wooden one but have a metal one. I searched on Amazon but couldn't find it.
When I first read your post I thought maybe it was the notched piece of wood that is sold to pull your hot oven rack out.
I'll stay on the look out.

Never seen this, but sounds like something that you could easily make yourself with your existing wooden spoons. Just take a knife (not your kitchen knives please :LOL:) and carve out a notch.

I don't really think so or I am not visualizing where this would be. With my metal one it is very much a matter of balance. Thinking more, maybe a notch on both sides of the upper part of the inside of the spoon bowl near where the handle comes in--maybe that is what you were visualizing also. But it will have to be high up--or have a long spoon bowl or it won't "hang".

i've seen wooden spoons like that.

one well worn spoon had a notch on it's handle for every pan that it cooked in. :)

0920kitchen.jpg

Just google "Wooden spoon with notch to rest on pan" and there's lots and lots of them. :)

Oh, wow. Thanks. I googled but apparently didn't hold my mouth right--or use the right words! ;o) Not at all what I thought it would be--nor would it be something I would use! I agree on the "laying it across the pan".

The theory with this one is the spoon end will drip back into the pan and not on your stove or down the sides of the pan, which has the potential to happen if you lay it across the top of the pan. The only thing you would have to worry about is if your pans had a lip running around it.

kitchenelf said:
The theory with this one is the spoon end will drip back into the pan and not on your stove or down the sides of the pan...

Well, duh! You have to lick the spoon every time before you put it down on the pot!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom