Wraptastic - As Seen On TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
So a few months ago DH saw the tv ad for this thing and said "Come in here and look at this ... You need that!"

He does that a lot so I don't normally get to excited.

But this did intrigue me since I am always wrestling with the plastic wrap - not as stupid and dumb as those (where in the world do they find these people) women in their ad.

I told him when it shows up in the local store I will get one and try it.

Wednesday we were grocery shopping and he saw it. I'm about 4 aisles over and I hear his voice saying "It's finally here .. how many do you want" No way was I going to answer from 4 aisle over ! He eventually found me and had 4 of them LOL I told him let's get 1 and try it. It was $9.99 so I figured it wouldn't be that big a loss if it didn't work, plus I could bring it back.

Well it works great ! I put some rubber feet on the bottom so it wouldn't slide on my countertop but I tell ya .. this is so much easier than the box the plastic wrap comes in. It cuts nice and clean and quick.

And it fits in the drawer I keep the wraps in and it's a shallow drawer.

I really like it and I will go back and get another for the foil.

DH loves it as he always has about 20' of plastic wrap out by the time he's done trying to tear it.

Time will tell how long the blade lasts, but I'm happy with this thing for now.

I been wonderin' about that contraption. Can you use it with regular plastic wrap and foil or do you have to purchase wrap and foil specifically for that device?

I been wonderin' about that contraption. Can you use it with regular plastic wrap and foil or do you have to purchase wrap and foil specifically for that device?

I had some Glad wrap and put it in there and it works great.

It doesn't say anything about using their own stuff.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how large a roll you can put in there. The one extra roll I have in my cupboard is 200' and it looks to me like there is extra room after that so I would think at least 250' rolls would fit.

Mine did not come with their complimentary rolls because I didn't buy it from TV .. frankly it's not worth it.

I bought something from TV once and what they charge for shipping and handling is almost the same price as the item. So I wait .. those things show up in stores all over the place.

Another one we purchased is that pocket hose. It's pretty cool. We got it in the store during the winter months. We've been using it for about 2 months now and it still shrinks up. It doesn't shrink up like they show in the ad but it's still small. And it's light.

But it really doesn't make watering any more fun like the ad promises LOL

We did get a 2nd one and now we can reach completely around our house front and back. Even with 2 of them it takes up much less space than one regular hose and it is much lighter.

The only downside is that it only come one size - I think it's 1/2".

I bought the one made by Stetch Tite The reviews for the TV one turned me off. I too do have the problems with the legs not adhereing to the counter top. But there is a spot in the middle where I can grab the wrap with one hand and hold the container with the other. I did place some water on the feet and that helped some. I need to experiment and find a better solution to that problem. Perhaps placing it on a wet cloth. :angel:

I bought a large roll of plastic wrap at Costco and it came with this little cutter that goes in the box and cuts the plastic wrap very nicely.

So a few months ago DH saw the tv ad for this thing and said "Come in here and look at this ... You need that!"

He does that a lot so I don't normally get to excited.

But this did intrigue me since I am always wrestling with the plastic wrap - not as stupid and dumb as those (where in the world do they find these people) women in their ad.

I told him when it shows up in the local store I will get one and try it.

Wednesday we were grocery shopping and he saw it. I'm about 4 aisles over and I hear his voice saying "It's finally here .. how many do you want" No way was I going to answer from 4 aisle over ! He eventually found me and had 4 of them LOL I told him let's get 1 and try it. It was $9.99 so I figured it wouldn't be that big a loss if it didn't work, plus I could bring it back.

Well it works great ! I put some rubber feet on the bottom so it wouldn't slide on my countertop but I tell ya .. this is so much easier than the box the plastic wrap comes in. It cuts nice and clean and quick.

And it fits in the drawer I keep the wraps in and it's a shallow drawer.

I really like it and I will go back and get another for the foil.

DH loves it as he always has about 20' of plastic wrap out by the time he's done trying to tear it.

Time will tell how long the blade lasts, but I'm happy with this thing for now.

Sounds good, but I wonder why it's gotten mostly bad reviews on Amazon?
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wraptastic

Well ya know people will yell when they are unhappy and not so much when they are happy. If you look for any kind of review you will see more negatives than positives. I am guilty of contributing that way ... I tend to forget to go give a postivie review when I purchase something.

I finally picked up a 2nd one at Walgreens this morning. I was going to use it for my foil. I have a 25' roll of Reynolds Wrap. The special plugs will not fit into the tube :(

So now I'm not sure what size roll I need to get to make it work for foil.

I am still extremely happy with it for the plastic wrap though. And DH loves it as he can get his own plastic wrap and it doesn't get all tangled up.

I still say thumbs up - for the plastic wrap anyway !

Well ya know people will yell when they are unhappy and not so much when they are happy. If you look for any kind of review you will see more negatives than positives. I am guilty of contributing that way ... I tend to forget to go give a postivie review when I purchase something.

I finally picked up a 2nd one at Walgreens this morning. I was going to use it for my foil. I have a 25' roll of Reynolds Wrap. The special plugs will not fit into the tube :(

So now I'm not sure what size roll I need to get to make it work for foil.

I am still extremely happy with it for the plastic wrap though. And DH loves it as he can get his own plastic wrap and it doesn't get all tangled up.

I still say thumbs up - for the plastic wrap anyway !

This would definitely be worth it for me for the plastic wrap alone if it can stop the tangling and twisting and folding over - it's sooo frustrating.

Last edited:
I bought the Stretch Tite one and it works perfect every time. A little birdie is sending me some rubber feet for it so it will sit where it is supposed to. That is the only problem. The feet do not stick to the counter top. `

Would I recommend it? Yes, I also like the fact that it locks so you don't get cut on the blade if you go to get something else in the drawer or even pick the cutter up. A good safety feature to have. :angel:

I bought the Stretch Tite one and it works perfect every time. A little birdie is sending me some rubber feet for it so it will sit where it is supposed to. That is the only problem. The feet do not stick to the counter top. `

Would I recommend it? Yes, I also like the fact that it locks so you don't get cut on the blade if you go to get something else in the drawer or even pick the cutter up. A good safety feature to have. :angel:

That one sounds good too. Isn't that the one made for Costco? Unfortunately, I don't belong to Costco.

Another one we purchased is that pocket hose. It's pretty cool. We got it in the store during the winter months. We've been using it for about 2 months now and it still shrinks up. It doesn't shrink up like they show in the ad but it's still small. And it's light.

But it really doesn't make watering any more fun like the ad promises LOL

We did get a 2nd one and now we can reach completely around our house front and back. Even with 2 of them it takes up much less space than one regular hose and it is much lighter.

The only downside is that it only come one size - I think it's 1/2".

you must havea tiny house...:D

I bought a large roll of plastic wrap at Costco and it came with this little cutter that goes in the box and cuts the plastic wrap very nicely.
those work really well.

Sounds good, but I wonder why it's gotten mostly bad reviews on Amazon?
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wraptastic

reviews are like, well, you know. like opinions and rear body parts. but they do have a function. cynacism begets itself if pragmatism and experience is ignored.

This would definitely be worth it for me for the plastic wrap alone if it can stop the tangling and twisting and folding over - it's sooo frustrating.

i wonder how mamy people know about those little tabs on the sides of plastic wrap and foil boxes that are supposed to he pushed in aggressively in order to hold the roll in place? a long skewer, knitting kneedle, chop stick, or heck, thin reed or tree branch inserted through the pressed in openings on the sides helps.

Last edited:

I have the same thing, only from Sam's Club. I've been using one roll now for about 3 years and it's still going strong. When we moved down here, we bought a second roll of plastic wrap and one of foil (and I already had 4 rolls at 250 feet each). I doubt that we will ever need another of either as long as I'm alive. ;)

Shrek doesn't believe me when I say we bought our plastic wrap about 15 years ago, we bought it on our first ever trip to Costco. I know it was at least 15 years as we had it when we were in the 1 bedroom apartment in Student Housing. I haven't picked it up lately, so I am not sure how much is left.

I had one of those "forever rolls" of Costco plastic wrap once. Sadly though I lost the balance of it in my divorce LOL

I had one of those "forever rolls" of Costco plastic wrap once. Sadly though I lost the balance of it in my divorce LOL

Had I known, I would have gladly testified on your behalf as to how it would be too cruel to separate you from it and how you had formed a bond with it over the years. What a heartless judge!

Next time, if there is one, please call me. You can lie, and I will swear to it. :angel:

Had I known, I would have gladly testified on your behalf as to how it would be too cruel to separate you from it and how you had formed a bond with it over the years. What a heartless judge!

Next time, if there is one, please call me. You can lie, and I will swear to it. :angel:

Thanks Addie. This time I was smart .. I have a pre-nup ! :LOL:

It's advertised here as well but I have a similar thing from the local supermarket - much cheaper.

Incidentally, I was given some useful advice about "cling film", as it's called over here. If you keep it in the 'fridge it calms the "life of its own" symptoms and makes it easy to handle. It really works and it's cheaper than fancy gadgets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom