Your dumbest mail order cooking gadget ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ticoterry-EXPAT

Assistant Cook
We have discussed our favorite kitchen gadgets..How about revealing our dumbest gadget..
I am nominating my Ronco pasta machine..Looking forward to hearing your most outlandish...

ticoterry

I don't have one but the dumbest gadget ever has to be the "thawing plate." I can't remember exactly what it was called but it was flat piece of anodized aluminum that you would toss a piece of frozen meat onto and it would quickly thaw. I was asked to demo this when I worked at HomePlace and when I figured out that a non-stick pan is basically the same thing I told everyone not to waste their money on the "thawing plate." I got reprimanded for not pushing the bogus product but that's okay. HomePlace went bankrupt about 8 years ago! :LOL:

OK it wasn't mail order, but I bet you will still count this. I forget the exact name, but I think it is called the Euro Sealer. In my defense, I bought it when I was young and naive LOL.

(moved to Cookware and Accessories)

I like my pasta machine lol

GB - My son thought he was big stuff when my husband let him call and order a Euro Sealer - it served one purpose - as a magnet to hold stuff on the refrigerator! lol

DampCharcoal said:
I don't have one but the dumbest gadget ever has to be the "thawing plate." I can't remember exactly what it was called but it was flat piece of anodized aluminum that you would toss a piece of frozen meat onto and it would quickly thaw. I was asked to demo this when I worked at HomePlace and when I figured out that a non-stick pan is basically the same thing I told everyone not to waste their money on the "thawing plate." I got reprimanded for not pushing the bogus product but that's okay. HomePlace went bankrupt about 8 years ago! :LOL:

I just had to have one of these, when I found one at the thrift shop. I paid less than a dollar.

Also embarassed to admit... the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie. It was a chore to clean up, and the plastic parts started breaking off in a couple of months... soon the front door had no support left. :angry:

My vertical roasting rack does a chicken just as well (which is mostly what I used it for anyway) and has no moving or plastic parts to break or go wrong. :rolleyes:

...and I love my Rotisserie too. I've had mine for about 5 years and I use it quite a bit and it has held up well. :blush:

I never actually owned this one but my friend did. It was magic bullet or something like that. a little compact hand sized chopping thing that supposedly chops fresh herbs, makes smoothies, chops veggies. Oh the wonders of it all!

It crudely chopped up two ice cubes. Then died. So of course to my friend, I pointed and laughed.

sathethert said:
I never actually owned this one but my friend did. It was magic bullet or something like that. a little compact hand sized chopping thing that supposedly chops fresh herbs, makes smoothies, chops veggies. Oh the wonders of it all!

It crudely chopped up two ice cubes. Then died. So of course to my friend, I pointed and laughed.

i love my Magic Bullet. it works for all kinds of stuff and i've had it since they very first came out. i wouldn't get rid of it for a million.:-p she must've used it wrong.... it even says in the instruction booklet that it will break if you let it run for more than 60 seconds at a time.

I bought an immersion blender (Emeril calls them motor boats), spritzed myself the first time I used it and haven't used it since. Other than one of those vegetable choppers I received as a gift, it's the only unused turkey that I have.

Back
Top Bottom