Ziplock Vacuum Sealer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
I bought one of these when they were $1.50. I thought for that price how could I lose. I love the thing. Sure, I have to work a bit but the bags are more like a Food Saver bag, as opposed to the Reynolds bags that are like any other plastic bag, and they seem to stay sealed longer. Has anyone else tried one of these? It's great if you don't have the budget for a Food Saver and you don't have to worry about the batteries going out like the Handi Vac.

Yes I use them and keep a set in my emergency bag to keep things away from the elements and since it is non-electric it is the perfect tool.

I'm not sure about the comment on the Reynold's "handi-vac" bags since I use that unit also and I find no difference between between the suction or the bags, though the Reynolds bags seem to be softer and more flexible. The Ziplock bags use a stiffer plastic.

I love the zipper-bag ability for both of the units for items that need access and ability to reseal, but neither wouldl replace my FoodSaver that is used almost daily, but they supplement my sealing needs quite well. It can be noted too that the Ziplock sealer will seal the Reynolds bag also. I have not tried the other way around.

I think I tried using the Ziplock on my defective set of Reynolds bags. I should try it on the new package I just opened to see if it works. I just like not having to buy batteries anymore even if it takes a little more work.

I've used my Reynolds for over a year now on the original set of batteries. When they finally give out I may use rechargeables. Batteries to me are not an issue with this unit.

I use a ziplock bag and a straw. It keeps my herbs and greens fresh in the fridge and it costs about a nickle.

I use a ziplock bag and a straw. It keeps my herbs and greens fresh in the fridge and it costs about a nickle.
Unfortunately when freezing meat, that method doesn't work well. The Ziplock system gets every speck of air out and the bags stay sealed really well.

mcnerd, you're lucky. My unit's already on it's 3rd set of batteries, that's why I switched to the Ziplock pump.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom