12 quart crock pot/slow cooker.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Looking for one. Cannot find. Well, I did find, but it is like 100 bucks and is some fancy-shmency programmable, whatever it is. I need something simple. Something that is not going to turn itself off after 10 hours and tell me that it is not safe to leave it on. I need the thing to go for 24 hours or so.

I can get 18 quart for about 50 bucks, or 8 quart even cheaper. But I just need one in the middle to feed small crowd.

Any idea? I Googled back and forth. But even Google doesn't know everything.

I would get a Nesco. They're multi use, and not expensive.I think Kayelle and Katie have one too

Nesco here, too! I have the 6 quart and love it. It's not fancy schmancy Charlie, it's easily programmable with a dial from slow cook to high heat roast. Well, 450F or so.

Roaster Ovens | NESCO®

I just looked at their website and see that the 12 quart has been discontinued. :ohmy: :( So it looks like they are only available in 5, 6, and 18 quart now.

There are other brands on the market, though.

I don't think you can beat a Nesco Roaster Charlie. They've been a real work horse for generations of cooks. I've had my 6 qt for about 25 years, and if it ever gives up I'll go right out and buy another one.

I found lots of new 12 qt. on ebay with free shipping.

Last edited:
I don't think you can beat a Nesco Roaster Charlie. They've been a real work horse for generations of cooks. I've had my 6 qt for about 25 years, and if it ever gives up I'll go right out and buy another one.

That's good to know, Kay. I'm just kind of wondering why they discontinued the 12 qt. Seems like it would be a popular size for those who find 6 qt. too small, and 18 qt. too big.

Just checked. Did not find a single one. Not sure if i am looking on a wrong place.

I'm a little confused, Charlie. You said a slow cooker or crock pot, right? Just to clarify, a roaster is not exactly the same thing, although it can be used like a crock pot. Is that what you meant?

I don't know that I've ever seen a 12 qt crock pot.

Just checked. Did not find a single one. Not sure if i am looking on a wrong place.

There were three of them this morning Charlie, but now I don't see any either. :( The word must have gotten out that size is discontinued.

You sure you don't want the 18 qt? It's big enough for a 20 lb turkey like my grandma made in hers, and a honey for so much more. :chef:

Steve, a Nesco Roaster is a crockpot with options. :chef:

Last edited:
I'm a little confused, Charlie. You said a slow cooker or crock pot, right? Just to clarify, a roaster is not exactly the same thing, although it can be used like a crock pot. Is that what you meant?

I don't know that I've ever seen a 12 qt crock pot.

Correct, I need slow cooker or a crock pot. I might just opt for two smaller ones. 18 quart is too big, I need to make a meal for Shabbat day, when we cannot cook. So one sets everything up night before. And it slowly cooks till the day meal. 18 quart can probably feed a small army. I'm thinking more like 20-25 people.

CharlieD--I got a 6.5 qt Calman Pressure Cooker with Smoker Function (Hot/Cold) that also is a slow cooker (http://www.hammacher.com/Product/84974?promo=search). I am totally in love with the pressure cooker hot smoker functionality. If all you want is a slow cooker and you need 12 qt., I'd go with a Nesco. I have two of those in Ontario. Had to have a toy here in MN. Knocked my Dad's socks off with the pastrami I made in this puppy today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom