2 qt or 5.5 qt AC saucier?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anniecakes

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

I'm stuck trying to decide between these two sizes. I already have a range of sauce pans from 1 qt to 4.5 qt, as well as a 3 qt Calphalon Tri Ply "chef pan" which is awfully similar to a saucier. Then I have an 8 qt. copper core stock pot (which was a great Marshall's find). (I do have a bit of LC in various sizes). Geez, I'm answering my own question - I don't need anything, lol! I'm just another kitchen equipment junkie. :rolleyes: But...cookwarenmore is having the AC sale and I can't resist.

I think the 2 qt would be ideal for actual sauces of course, but the 5.5 qt would also be great for risottos, polenta, etc., among other things. Does it make sense to purchase both of these or is it overkill? I don't have any good friends that have the same passion for this stuff as I do, so I'm looking here for opinions? What do you think?!?!

Get both (just call me enabler, lol!)!
It doesn't sound like they would be duplicates of anything you already have, and you already seem to have determined what YOU would use them for, so if you have the $, go for it.

either get the big one, because it will obviously accommodates a smaller load, but not that practical for smaller things, or just get both. It is an investment after all.

I have the 2-qt. and the larger one is on my list - once I had the 2-qt. I knew there were lots of uses for the 5-qt!!

I agree, get both now. ;)

DEFINITELY get both if you can swing it! My 5 quart (actually, mine is 5.5 qt) sautoir is my favorite piece of kitchen equipment. Just last night I made chicken and rice in it again. It holds a whole chicken (cut in 10 pieces) with ease, and then goes on to accept the mirepoix and the rice and the stock and the wine... I can leave it on top the stove to simmer on low, or pop it in the oven to cook...

The two quart! My, I'd like to have one of those!!!! :chef:

I just checked over their site, and I cannot see a sale on the sauciers. What am I missing?? That being said, I'd buy both if I could afford it!

eatsOats said:
I just checked over their site, and I cannot see a sale on the sauciers. What am I missing?? That being said, I'd buy both if I could afford it!

They're offering 20% off All Clad irregulars. There's a little notice on the homepage, "Sale time is here!"

You guys are too cool!

OMG it's like I've found my little nirvana of guilty pleasures - and everyone understands! Thanks for your thoughts - this is one of those things that it's just not too hard to let y'all sway me in the right direction.;)

I'm going to do it now before I change my mind and reason takes ahold!

Oh - the 20% off price show up in your shopping cart - not on the regular listing page.

Well I did it!

Now I have to find some great recipes for each - to rationalize the purchase course, lol. (See honey, this never would have tasted so great without this pan!) I guess the one good thing about all this is that I realized I've really filled in all the gaps in my cookware - now I just have to start cooking better meals, more often.

Well, the 5.5 qt arrived today...

from cookware and more. I did find two very tiny scratches, so small that no one but me would see it. It is beautiful, and I can't wait to cook something! I'm working (at home) now so it will have to wait until tomorrow. 2.5 qt is on back order (which isn't such a bad thing - spread out the bill, lol)

I own two sizes of the saucier. A 2-qt. and 6-qt. size.

I like using them, especially when it comes to sauteing and frying something!

A little late, but I finally used it!

I've been thinking for days about making a risotto in my new saucier and finally got to it tonight. I made a wild mushroom risotto - my first time ever? - and omg it was SO good! I can't wait to make some other versions. I did a little reading over on the recipe side to get some ideas.

There was one thread that got a few people worked up about making risotto the old fashioned way - standing and stirring - or using a pressure cooker. Well reading through those posts brought reminded me of the most basic element of cooking (for me anyway). It's the love in creating something from nothing, or watching it evolve, etc. I have to tell you I just had such joy standing over my new pot stirring the risotto, watching it absorb the liquid and flavors. So cool, lol. Luckily, it actually tasted good after all that touchy feely stuff! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom