$5.00 & elbow grease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great buy- I have posted many times about my great finds at garage sale for a couple of bucks . Yes they can be really disgusting. I use a drill with a wire brush on them works great to get in and around the handles. Then a good cleaning and seasoning the results are cast iron "gold".
Great job

Give that lady a big hug! :mrgreen:

Tell you what. I'll give you $25.00 for the Dutch Oven alone.

You'll make 100% profit on your $5.00 investment and $15.00 plus getting to keep the other 4 pieces for your restoration efforts. ;)

Good for you for getting such a great deal and your restoration is fantastic. :)

I guess I need to start hitting the yard sales around here. :rolleyes:

Great buy- I have posted many times about my great finds at garage sale for a couple of bucks . Yes they can be really disgusting. I use a drill with a wire brush on them works great to get in and around the handles. Then a good cleaning and seasoning the results are cast iron "gold".
Great job

Has anyone ever tried bead-blasting to clean them up? Sand-blasting, even with extra fine grit, would probably pit them.

What's Soda blasting? Baking soda (Fine powder) or such?

I don't think fine sand blasting or glass bead blasting would cause any more pitting then the cast already had to begin with due to the rust.

As long as the pan works when finished whatever method used to clean it is acceptable.

Made Bannock this morning.
39817-albums371-picture5824.jpg

What's Soda blasting? Baking soda (Fine powder) or such?

I don't think fine sand blasting or glass bead blasting would cause any more pitting then the cast already had to begin with due to the rust.

As long as the pan works when finished whatever method used to clean it is acceptable.

Its sodium bicarbonate, regular old baking soda. Same process as sand blasting.

I have sand blasted a few pieces in the passed and it has works very well.
Nice job on those. I have used lake sand (mostly granite--from Lake of the Woods) followed by using my Dremel with the various grits of sand paper. I've never used the oven self-clean cycle.

When I saw the pick of the "biscuit" pan, I thought it was an Aebleskiver pan (which typically does hold 7). Aebleskiver Pan.

Nice job on those. I have used lake sand (mostly granite--from Lake of the Woods) followed by using my Dremel with the various grits of sand paper. I've never used the oven self-clean cycle.

When I saw the pick of the "biscuit" pan, I thought it was an Aebleskiver pan (which typically does hold 7). Aebleskiver Pan.

Its (biscuit pan) a bit shallower then the aebleskiver pan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom