"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 11-04-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

All-Clad 20% sale

I came upon an AC 20% sale @ the Wrentham Outlets in Mass that ends today (Nov. 4th). I picked up 2 french skillets(9 in. & 11 in.) a 3 qt. saute pan w/ a lid, a 2 qt. & 4 qt. sauce pan w/ lids, & a 3 qt. saucier w/ a lid.(All of which are SS). My ? to you is, do I need the saucier pan, & the french skillets. I currently own 2 AC fry pans. My other pans other than Le Cre. are a set of Revere Ware(that were a gift) and 2-3 Cusienart pans.....1 of which is a saute pan also..........Got 30 days to consider my purchase!

Old 11-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

Oh boy I am in trouble. I am headed to the Wrentham Outlets in about 2 hours. Now I will know to stay away from the All Clad store so I don't spend money that I shouldn't

Old 11-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Personally, and without any knowledge of the cookware you are talking about, if you have survived this long without them, and you aren't planning a change in your cooking patterns, then no you don't need them. Whether you want them tho is a vastly different point.

Do you feel that when you cook, you are missing something in the equipment line of which one of these purchases will fill that hole? Have you got a use for them or would you just be using them because they are there?

Do the items come with a sample recipe? If so, do you think you can cook the said same recipes with the cookware you previously had? A wok is used for stirfries but it doesn't mean that you have to have one if you own a frypan.

I have half a dozen frypans and something similar in saucepans, all of varying sizes etc. I also have a pasta pan with strainers and stuff, a Dutch oven and a wok. I have too much stuff. Every so often I fancy getting something else but in truth, I am unlikely to need it on more than the odd occasion, irrespective of what it is, so I won't buy it.

I think you need to be quite dedicated to your cause to need some things, and only you can determine whether you are on that path or not.

Having said all of the above, it's still fun to get all the bits and pieces, so if you want it and can afford it, why not keep it!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

I am so sorry. How rude of me. I read your post and commented without even answering your question. Just goes to prove I should never post without drinking a cup of coffee first.

Thankfully Bilby gave you excellent advice.

Here is what I will add. Revere Ware not super super great quality stuff. All Clad is. Revere Ware will not last you a lifetime, but All Clad will. Do you NEED the All Clad? No you don't. Would it be nice to have? It sure would.

If you have the money to spend and it doesn't hurt your pocketbook to do it then I say go for it. You will love the AC stuff. If you are not in a position to spend that kind of $ though then return the AC stuff. You can cook just fine without it.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

We may see you there GB. We are going later this AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
Chief Eating Officer

Cool. I will keep my eyes open for you.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #7
Head Chef

Now I want to go. It's only twenty minutes for me. Dh is going to watch the Patriots so maybe I should take a little field trip.

I love my All lad pans. Most of them I purchased with my American Express points.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
We may see you there GB. We are going later this AM.

DARNIT!!! I just saw this now and can't get there today.

I haven't been there for about a year, but when did an All Clad store move in?

Or is this sale at Williams Sonoma?

Babs, only you can know whether you need these pieces or not. I bought a saucier years back on sale (it's commonly offered as a promo) and I like it. Those french skillets look nice too, but I have 2 8s, a 10 and a 12 and probably don't need a french skillet. Probably couldn't resist though.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #9
Chief Eating Officer

It was at the WS store Jenny. I managed to walk away without purchasing anything at all.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

all-clad sale

Thanks for all the input.. I meant to originally say, it was at Williams-Sonoma outlet store. I think I will keep the 2qt. & 4 qt. sauce pans & bring back the rest. I figured I'd get them @ a good price, & decide if I really needed them.>>>> Until my next shopping spreee..........Thanks!!