"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 08-20-2016, 12:45 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

All-clad 5 vs 6qt Saute pan cooking surface dim?

Does anyone know the inside dimensions of the 5 and 6qt Saute pans? Specifically the copper core ones but I think they are all pretty much the same dimensions across the models. I want the one that's somewhere between 11.75 and 12.25 inside. Thanks for the help!

Ray

Old 08-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

Perhaps you could email All-Clad...

Old 08-20-2016, 01:04 PM   #3
Assistant Cook

Thanks Andy, I tried that. I called twice and they could just tell me what the numbers were but not if they were the actual inside dimensions or outside. You'd think they could grab a pan an measure it.

Also, I have called them in the past before ordering pans and when they arrived the measurements were completely wrong. They insisted they were giving me the dimensions of the cooking surface for a saute pan but when I got the pan it was of the outside dimension from rolled edge to rolled edge. It was a gift for someone else and they loved it so it wasn't a big deal. They need to come up with a better system.

I'd love to just go look at them myself but the closest place is 2.5 hrs away.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

That's unfortunate. Maybe someone here has one of the pans and can measure it for you.

Just curious, why is that exact measurement so important to you?
Old 08-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

I have the All Clad TK 8qt Rondeau and the 12' inside diameter is perfect and I'd just like one with shorter sides for a lot of cooking I do. If they are both about that size than I can fit them on the stove at the same time. I've just found that size works well for a lot of things I like to cook. The pot I got for a friend was the TK 5qt saute pan and it had the exact same 10.5" cooking surface as my 4 qt saute pan. I want something with a larger cooking surface but not something too big it doesn't work well.

Basically I know either the 5 or 6 qt would work perfect for me I just don't know which one and with the seconds clearance sale you can't return anything once you get it.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:50 PM   #6
Master Chef

I recently purchased an All Clad 3 qt saute pan with lid that measures 10.5 inches on the inside. Don't know if that helps you any. I love it.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #7
Sous Chef

If you look at the product specs, it says the Copper Core is 12" O.D. the brushed stainless is 13.6"O.D., and the stainless is 14"O.D.

Not sure why they are different, but since they are the outside measurements, you would need to deduct a bit for the pour lip.

If you go to the questions asked & answered on Amazon, you see the answers that people posted.

https://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx22K...sin=B0051OESJ4
Old 08-20-2016, 02:07 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Thanks Keyelle. They list the 3 qt as 10.5 so if they were consistent that would mean the 5qt would be 12. The thing that worries me is that the TK 5qt I got for a gift was listed as 12" also and only had a 10.5" cooking surface. After the fact All Clad said, oh yeah, that's because the lid it comes with is 12". They never mentioned that the two times I called them before ordering it. Haha
Old 08-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #9
Assistant Cook

Thanks Silversage, I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversage View Post
If you look at the product specs, it says the Copper Core is 12" O.D. the brushed stainless is 13.6"O.D., and the stainless is 14"O.D.

Not sure why they are different, but since they are the outside measurements, you would need to deduct a bit for the pour lip.

If you go to the questions asked & answered on Amazon, you see the answers that people posted.

https://www.amazon.com/forum/-/Tx22K...sin=B0051OESJ4
Old 08-20-2016, 03:44 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk114 View Post
Does anyone know the inside dimensions of the 5 and 6qt Saute pans? Specifically the copper core ones but I think they are all pretty much the same dimensions across the models. I want the one that's somewhere between 11.75 and 12.25 inside. Thanks for the help!

Ray
Cutlery and more lists the 5 quart at 12 inches interior X 2 7/8 deep

6 qt at 13 inches x 2.5 inches. Not sure if that dimension is interior or with the rim.

Tags
cook, cooking