All-Clad Cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marvinq

Assistant Cook
I have an All-Clad Skillet. After I using for some time the inside edges have turned black and I can't seem to scrap it off. I have never seasoned the skillet... is that why? If I do season it would it prevent this from happening... and if not... wouldn't scrubbing it undo your seasoning efforts?

Thanks in advance

You need a big can of Barkeeper's Friend (BKF), a sponge with a green scrubbie on one side, and a big barrell of Elbow Grease. The interior of all of the All-Clad Skillets that I know of are lined with Stainless Steel - they do not require seasoning. The black "gunk" you see around the edges is probably grease that has fused to the surface over time from not being properly cleaned after use.

Make a paste of a little water and the BKF and scrub like heck with the green scrubbie. It will take some time - but you should be able to clean most of it off.

If all else fails - you can contact All-Clad via their website for more suggestions.

Before scrubbing as Michael suggests, I'd put it in a plastic bag with a cup of ammonia overnight. That will soften the black stuff so you cane get it off with less abrasive means than the green scrubbie. I use a blue, non-stick safe scrubbie sponge with BKF and it works for just about everything.

Another alternative is to buy a bottle of Dawn Power Dissolver and use that as a first step.

Dawn power dissolver is great for those problems. Try a little steam too... boil some water with a little vinegar in it with a lid on and then let it sit for 5 min.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom