All-Clad Factory Seconds Sale - March 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
There will be another All-Clad factory seconds sale coming up on March 14. I bought a fry pan during the last sale and couldn't find the cosmetic blemish that made it a second. I've seen similar comments on a deal site.

In the past they have posted the promo code needed to enter the site once the sale is live, and I'll assume the same this time.

Home & Cook Sales

I got my 12" fry pan for $89 on the last sale... love it! And like Tenspeed, no idea what it was to make it a "second". Looks perfect to me.

Pure speculation on my part, but I can see that this might be a good way for All-Clad to move some first quality excess inventory without offending their retailers. I don't know what the markup is by the time the goods get to retailers, but I'll guess that All-Clad's direct price isn't too far off from their wholesale price. There might be some seconds sold, but all of the comments I have read on a deal site are in line with the experience I had with one piece - can't identify why it is a second. Perhaps someone with better knowledge of margins through the distribution and retail chain can offer an opinion.

At any rate I'm pleased with the 12" fry pan, which is an improvement over the Calphalon pan it replaced. I have a small saucepan that's on the list for replacement, and I'll be looking for one at the upcoming sale.

Prices have increased a bit since I bought my All-Clad pieces. I suspect the sale prices may be in the range of the retail prices I paid back when.

All of my AllClad is "seconds" and I never could figure out what made them so.

Had them for nearly 20 years now, used every day, and they look pretty new still.

Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
There will be another All-Clad factory seconds sale coming up on March 14. I bought a fry pan during the last sale and couldn't find the cosmetic blemish that made it a second. I've seen similar comments on a deal site.

In the past they have posted the promo code needed to enter the site once the sale is live, and I'll assume the same this time.

Home & Cook Sales

Thanks for posting the link, now I have to wait.

Not sure yet, GG. I'll look over offerings and decide which suits my fancy. I don't really need anything. It would just be an indulgence.

The sale is live. I picked up a 2 qt. saucepan to replace an old, rather thin Calphalon pan for $90. List is $165, Amazon sells it for $137. Now we'll get to play "find the defect" when it arrives.

I looked over the product lines and there really isn't anything I want. Given I don't need anything, I was looking for something that was a "wish list" item. Nothing peaked my interest to I'll pass until next year.

I looked over the product lines and there really isn't anything I want. Given I don't need anything, I was looking for something that was a "wish list" item. Nothing peaked my interest to I'll pass until next year.

I did exactly the same thing, Andy. Right now I have more cookware than I can fit in my available storage. That aside, if I had seen anything that really grabbed me, I might've bought it. But nothing did.

Some things also seemed way overpriced. For example, I could use a vegetable steamer insert, but I have no intention of paying $55 for one. There are much less expensive steamers that would work just as well.

Last edited:
I agree Steve. Once I learned to make a steamer out of my wok with two chopsticks and a plate, I was all set. Also, I have one of these:

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 146
WOW, I'm sure glad I ordered it this morning. When the SC came home I was showing him what I ordered, and they've already sold out! It will be great for his famous Egg Foo Yung. :chef:
Interesting. At 5:30 EDT, it wasn't available. Looks like the sale went live last night, so I'm guessing that the best deals went quickly. I saw your post that you ordered one, and checked again, and it was available. Looked a moment ago, and it's gone. Glad that you were able to get one at that terrific price.

We got our new square griddle today! We're impressed with the solid heft of the piece and it got here in time for Shrimp Egg Foo Young for Good Friday! Yeah!!!

It was a really great buy at $25. and after close inspection, we can't figure out why it's a second.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom